Las Vegas Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Pirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,
A couple of guys from my dive team and I are coming to Las Vegas to do some diving in Nov. does anyone have any suggestions or favorite dives that I should look for when i get to the area? Any info would be great, we are not familiar with that town at all. Weve heard about some river dives, and a few wrecks, which are the favs?
Clay

Las Vegas, NM or NV?

Not a problem. I figured it was Nevada, but I figured I would ask. :)

There's not much in Lake Mead right now. The lake level has been dropping for a few years. It's now over 100' down. They've had to move a few of the "wrecks" from the scuba park. Lake Mead Technical Divers (linked by sjspeck above) provide information on some good sites, but the sites are all decompression dives. There's not really much recreational diving there that's worth spending money on a boat. If you want decent diving, take a few hours and head south to Laughlin. It's only about a 90 minute drive from Vegas. Cross over into Arizona and head to Lake Mohave, which has some decent diving and "wrecks" right off shore. Check out photos and more information on Mohave and Mead linked off the Dive Sites page of Southwest Scuba (my site). I'm heading to Vegas Monday, so I'll be updating the lake information next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom