Las Vegas (non diving related question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yngwiezimm

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I might be going to Vegas for a long weekend to see my friends band play and was wondering if anyone can suggest a hotel on the strip to stay in. They all look the same to me! The only thing I care about is the swimming pool. I'd love it to be crazy and lavish (so i can be a geek and snorkel) Anyone?

Steph

if the pool is a serious consideration, i have heard the mandalay bay resort's is very large and quite nice. it was just featured on the travel channel - it's supposed to be like a beach w/sand and has computer programmed wave sets. i believe it also has other features, like a "lazy river" that goes at about 2 mph.

i always stay at the flamingo hilton, but to be quite honest, i don't go to vegas to hang out at the pool, so i've never checked it out.

if you're going soon - don't forget that sunscreen - otherwise you'll be one crispy critter! :wink:

I would just like the option of a nice pool by day to recuperate in after I’ve been out all night. That hotel you mentioned looks pretty good. Thanks... Yeah, I’m going in august so it should be HOT, I'll try not to fry. If anyone is there the second weekend in august go see the Minibosses play at the Classic Gaming Expo
August 10th/11th
Las Vegas NV (plug plug)

Steph

Steph,

check out this site - it's got useful reviews of hotel rooms, buffets, etc: http://www.cheapovegas.com/

A friend was at the Mandalay last week (for 4th of July) and found the wave pool kinda lame - he thinks there may have been an accident and so they deliberately set it on low. It's also kinda far from everything, center strip is more fun. Personally, my favorite is the Venetian and it's comparable in price to Mandalay Bay but the rooms are all suites and they have a nice pool area too.

Good luck!

V.

Honestly, they all have pretty nice pools. Mandalay Bay's is my favorite though. I'll be up in Vegas next week, so I'll drop by a few of the pools and check them out. (Never hurts to work on the ole sunburn! LOL...LIke I tan????) If you try the different hotels' websites, most do have pictures of their pool areas on them.

Have fun, and YES! Vegas is VERY hot in August. (More so than Phoenix even YUCK-O!)

Kristey

OK, It WAS the Trop I was thinking of when trying to remember what older place had a really nice pool area. (Wondering if you can really go into the lagoons that have fish and all! THAT would be some decent snorkeling for a pool!:) )

Again, I'll walk aorund some pool areas when I'm there. (Always LOVED to sneak into and use the pool areas at the fancier resorts.) Also, the Trop usually has better room rates anyway. (Most resorts charge for pool usage if you're not a guest.)

Kristey

I stayed at the MGM Grand and they had like six acres of water and pools. It was a pretty cool pool. There was kinda like a lazy river thing going through there. Plus there was some amusement park rides at the hotel too. The only thing I didn't like about the MGM was that there was only one elevator in the whole dang place that went up to the rooms and the bottom floor of the hotel is like a hundred miles around, so it took forever to walk from one side to the other and to get the elevator!
Hey if you stay there, go get a massage! I did and it was awesome!

Amber

Hey Steph,

Try www.sidestep.com for some really great deals. My wife and I just booked a trip in October and got a GREAT RATE !!!

The site itself probably will not answer your pool question directly, but it will give you all the hotels within a budget and an explination of amenities. It is definately worth looking into.

Hope this helps !!!

-Crispy

Back
Top Bottom