Las Vegas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveG
I was going to tell you about a shop I found the last time I was out there and I see the thread already has been brought up for you to review. I posted my dive report with International Scuba and found them to be a top notch shop. As far as anything to see other than the carp? Well... that depends on your perspective. I dive to dive not necessarily for the sights so I may not be the best help on that issue. The usual stuff is there. The Batch Plant was slick from a historical perspective. Take the Hoover Dam tour first then dive it.

Personally I thought the diving was great because it beat hanging out on the strip or catching the shows for the hundreth time. Met some new friends that run the shop... best time I've had out in Vegas in many years... Looking forward to hanging out with them again in the near future.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me...

Regards
Don

Hello Don: Cap'n Dave from ISC. Always thankful for any kudo's we receive! We have moved the smaller boat to Lake Mojave which allows us to dive both the lake and move upstream to the area below the dam. When ya coming out, we now have tropical waters here, surface temp is 82*!!!!

Cap'n Dave,
Good to hear from you once again. I trust all is going well with you? Your newsletter looks real nice, sounds as if there are some pretty interesting things happening out west.

"Always thankful for any kudo's we receive!"
I call them as I see them... I was impressed with your operation and compared to many shops around the country I have experience with, you guys "take care of business" as one of the guys I dive with would say. I have gotten a lot of helpful advice from many on this board and try to pass along good experiences I have so that possibly others could benefit.

"When ya coming out"
Typically by this time in the year I usually have had 3-4 trips out there. This year has me heading to Florida and Atlanta a lot. Some are couple days at a time/ short trips, others a little longer. Probably won't be able to get out there until Nov/Dec.

I trust things are going well for everyone at the shop? Pass along to Jerry and Steve "best regards".

82 degrees / tropical waters...sheesh, I wouldn't know what to do in waters that warm. :confused: :D Water temps where we dive on the weekends ranges from 69 to balmy 41 degrees.
Well it sounds as if things are going well . Ever get the thumbs up to dive on the lower portion of the dam? Drift diving wasn't it?

Best Regards
Don Costanza

I've had it confirmed from a second source that Drew's Dam Divers out of Henderson, NV is definitely out of commission, whether temporary or permanent, dunno.

Anybody have additional insight into this? Or what other outfits may be running river dives on the Colorado River?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom