Last minute Cabo logistic advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tsuyoshi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello:

Sorry if this had been discussed many times.

Just booked a last minute get away to Cabo for the rest of the week, leaving tomorrow. Any recommendation for local transportation, deals, places, would be really appreciated.

I've so far zero in on Dive Cabo operating out of the Marina, while I'm hoping stay wet for as long as I can, my GF is a not a diver. At best snorkeling with a life vest. So I would need some plans not to leave her out of the fun.

Thanks!

Just make sure you guys get to dive/snorkel with the sea lions if you haven't done so before. They are so much fun. I have only done them in La Paz but maybe you can do it in Cabo area as well. If not go to La Paz for a day and go to Los Islotes... maybe snorkel with whale sharks too!

Wifebuddy and I just got back from a trip to Cabo Pulmo and La Paz, I posted a trip report a few minutes ago.

Are you staying in Cabo San Lucas the entire time? Day trips to La Paz will be extremely long, it might be easier to spend a couple of days there instead to do the well known dive and snorkel trips there.

Last edited:
Wifebuddy and I just got back from a trip to Cabo Pulmo and La Paz, I posted a trip report a few minutes ago.

Are you staying in Cabo San Lucas the entire time? Day trips to La Paz will be extremely long, it might be easier to spend a couple of days there instead to do the well known dive and snorkel trips there.

Would love to read you're report but your link's not working?

Hello:

I've so far zero in on Dive Cabo operating out of the Marina, while I'm hoping stay wet for as long as I can, my GF is a not a diver. At best snorkeling with a life vest. So I would need some plans not to leave her out of the fun.

Thanks!

I dove with Dive Cabo last month and I wouldn't do it again. They have two boats, a cattle boat and a panga. The panga is what they use for the Banks and Pulmo trips. There are two problems with this. One, when the seas are rough you absolutely get pounded on the trip two and from Pulmo or Banks. It's not enough boat for that type of trip. My back side was sore for three days after it. The second problem is that if you are not on one of the outer trips you are stuck on the cattle boat with many inexperienced divers. Expect the dm to be watching his computer and the second the dive hits 40 minutes he will shoot his bag and you all go up. Doesn't matter how much air everyone has, the dive is over. They definitely cater to a less experienced clientele. One of the dm's was pretty green and uncomfortable with some very easy dive profiles.

I'd look around for someone else if I were to go again.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom