Last minute cruise to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Bait!

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ship is arriving at 10AM, and i am looking for a good op to get some dives in. I have narrowed my search to Aldora, Blue Angel, and Pelagic, with Aldora being at the top of the list so far. I am looking for some honest replies from SB members who have gone diving with these ops fom a cruise perspective. ie: quality of dives, pick up/drop off times, flexibility, if no pick up is available, closeness to the cruise ship is a +. Looking for a top notch professional dive shop, and i know that providing convenence and safety for cruise ship passengers is achallenge in itself. That being said the price is not an issue epecially since it could be no where as expensive as the cruise excursions.

Are you arriving 10am Cozumel time or ship's time?

I would like to believe it is ship time wich i think is EST. If that is the case, that would put me on Coz @ 9AM CST. It is a Royal Carribean cruise, but doesnt say i itinerary times are ship or local times. Oh what are the water temps this time of year (September)

Usually, ships stay on ships time (which is the local time from their home port). Water temp is high 80s now (86 2 weeks ago). I'm diving in Coz in 2 weeks time again. Never dove with the ops you mentioned, so I can't comment from experience, but I've heard good things about Aldora and cruise ship divers

Aldora. Dove with them three times off of cruise ships in the past 4 years....going again in Nov. Very flexible. Depending on the cruise line port, either a short cab ride to downtown or walking from the port. Excellent service. Lunch (your expense) on the beach between dives. 100CF tanks, so you will get 2x 1 hour dives.

It's a shame they can't dock earlier so you can enjoy the port call more after being locked up on the ship so long, but I guess they can only park one of those factories at a time at Coz. Will you have your own gear, or any of it, or need to be fitted some?

I always travel with my own gear (BP/W, regs, fins, mask, and computer) Spoke with Aldora, and they are trying to figure out if they will have any late morning departures on the day i arrive. Super friendly and informative. Blue Angel has confirmed a late morning deparure with a combo dive/snorkel group, but since it is slow season they shouldn't be full.

It's a shame they can't dock earlier so you can enjoy the port call more after being locked up on the ship so long, but I guess they can only park one of those factories at a time at Coz. Will you have your own gear, or any of it, or need to be fitted some?

A bit harsh Don. I take it you are not a fan of cruise ships!! :wink:

Shark Bait, give opal at Scuba Mau a call. She will work wonders with almost any schedule you give her, they are close to the cruise port and are an amazing group of people to dive with.

Back
Top Bottom