Last-minute departures on the Moon Diver liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are still reading here, I'd like to ask a question . . . I heard a rumor when we were down there that you guys don't have your permits to run this boat as you plan to do it yet? Can you tell us if that is true, and if so, when the permits are predicted to come through?

Looking at your web site and could not tell if you provide Nitrox. Also do you have an idea on when you would do trips to Alacrances and the cost.

I just finished reading this thread. It is quite interesting that a company in Mexico is offering a liveaboard trip that covers Coz, Isla Mujeres, Alacranes, and Chinchorro Banks. To tell the truth, I had this exact business idea in mind for a liveaboard op because no one was doing it. Well, not until I found this thread. Their prices are quite enticing as well. I went to the Ki Banda website and read about their liveaboard offering. I am interested! Problem is that TS&M and Augustus haven't received a response from the operator since June 28, 2011. Before I commit to this trip, I would like to know if they still offer it. Doing a quick search on "Moon Diver" using Google brought up this website:
Madeira Diving Prices

It seems that the 'Moon Diver' is now operating in Portugal. It looks very much like the Ki Banda's 'Moon Diver'. It would be interesting to hear from Ki Banda or the OP if they still offer their liveaboard trip.

Last edited:
Last time I was in PA I was told Moon Diver didn't have (wasn't able to get?) the permits needed for doing the dives that were desired.

Why is Moondiver still part of Kibanda's itineary? It the boat just chartered to Explorer Ventures part of the time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom