Last Minute Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure about the 6 months? All the sites I have read including the DAN Worldcue Planner say that you are only required to have 3 months left on your passport to enter.
Different source, different opinions I'm sure. Even if you called the Embassy, who knows? Ultimately it's what you airline says as they get a stiff fine if you don't meant requirements.

It's always good to read all of the state department page, even tho some will tell you some of it is silly, and even tho I may ignore some of it too. Honduras
ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS: A U.S. passport valid for at least six months from the date of entry is required to enter Honduras. A visa is not required for American citizens, but tourists must provide evidence of return or onward travel. Parents should not rely on birth certificates for their children’s travel; rather, prior to travel they should obtain U.S. passports for infants and minors born in the United States. U.S. citizens are encouraged to carry a photocopy of their U.S. passports with them at all times so that if questioned by local officials proof of identity and U.S. citizenship are readily available.

continued there

Take some coffee for the first day or 2 till you can buy some GREAT Honduran coffee, Yum

You know, even if the Honduran government changed it to 3 months, I'd still want 6 months left on mine just in case the guy at immigration didn't know, as that is really the ultimate site, even tho your airline does have to be happy with your passport too. I've seen times that local officials were not up to date.

Just got back late last night from FIBR. We will go back. Since we knew not to expect a 5 star, we were ok with everything. Once we get settled in at home I'm hoping to write up a review.

Please do...I'd love to hear how things are going down there :D

Back
Top Bottom