late trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moodiejeff:
I ALWAYS stay at the Presidente... Going on a budget in May and gonna try Caribe Blue. I'm also looking forward to diving with BlueXTsea as well.

Next time try booking the air & hotel separate. I think you can get the Presidente for $130 a night on their website.

http://ichotels.com

Of course that's before taxes and fees... it turns out to be about $150-$155 after.

Funjet has some really good (cheap) charter flights as well.

I hate to be a stickler on the math but she got eight nights with air for $1,200 per person. If the hotel website says $150.00 per night thats $1,200.00 for hotel only. How's that cheaper again?

For the record I got seven nights air included at the El Presidente for $920.00 per person. I could not beat that anywhere. We leave three weeks from today.

Tim Ingersoll:
I hate to be a stickler on the math but she got eight nights with air for $1,200 per person. If the hotel website says $150.00 per night thats $1,200.00 for hotel only. How's that cheaper again?

For the record I got seven nights air included at the El Presidente for $920.00 per person. I could not beat that anywhere. We leave three weeks from today.

My point was (not very well illustrated I might add) that by booking separately you could do a bit better on the price.

Of course you would need to get chartered air to make any sort of difference. I just got round trip from Chicago to Coz (nonstop) for $280 including tax through Funjet. It would have been $250 had I jumped on it right away. That sure beats the $550 to $600 Continental is charging, plus, that has a layover in Houston.

Any sort of package deals I tried (whether through Apple, Funjet or Expedia) turned out to be more expensive than booking separate. At least when I was trying to get prices for The Presidente.

I hope I don't miss The Presidente too much this trip... gotta try to save some cash though! I may be able to make it down twice this year.

Where did you get your package from? That price doesn't sound too bad!

Moodiejeff:
Where did you get your package from? That price doesn't sound too bad!

Picked it up through Pleasant Holidays. Includes breakfast buffet. I fly from Rochester to Charlotte and Charlotte direct to Cozumel. It turned out being cheaper than a two-bedroom suite at Coral Gardens and I jumped on it. Their website is at: http://www1.pleasantholidays.com/PleasantHolidaysWeb/Welcome.do

They were real easy to deal with and I am looking forward to our first stay at El Presidente. Our rooms were run of the house. I joined the Intercontinental Ambassador Club for $150.00 and was given an automatic room upgrade plus other perks. If you stay there often it could really be a bonanza for you. Check it out at: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/?

Tim Ingersoll:
I joined the Intercontinental Ambassador Club for $150.00 and was given an automatic room upgrade plus other perks. If you stay there often it could really be a bonanza for you. Check it out at: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com

I joined it a year ago... do they still give you a voucher for a free nights stay when you join?

My problem is that when I go to The Presidente I want to stay in the rooms that ring the beach by the Dive shop (Reef Rooms?) which bumps it up another $50-$55 a night. Ahhh, now that's nice, your own little patio overlooking the water & beach.

If you've never been, the shore diving is really nice there, lots of Eels, Octopus, Squid, Drum fish etc. Saw a Seahorse there once and apparently a Nurse Shark was hanging around the barge last time but we didn't get to see it. Great for Night Diving! Just take your time and you'll see a LOT of little critters that you just blow by on the boat dives. Current is usually really mild, just watch when you get to the North buoy line... that marks the start of the Marina - I usually turn around there.

Looking forward to it!

Moodiejeff:
I joined it a year ago... do they still give you a voucher for a free nights stay when you join?

My problem is that when I go to The Presidente I want to stay in the rooms that ring the beach by the Dive shop (Reef Rooms?) which bumps it up another $50-$55 a night. Ahhh, now that's nice, your own little patio overlooking the water & beach.

If you've never been, the shore diving is really nice there, lots of Eels, Octopus, Squid, Drum fish etc. Saw a Seahorse there once and apparently a Nurse Shark was hanging around the barge last time but we didn't get to see it. Great for Night Diving! Just take your time and you'll see a LOT of little critters that you just blow by on the boat dives. Current is usually really mild, just watch when you get to the North buoy line... that marks the start of the Marina - I usually turn around there.

Second this opinion. Reef rooms are the way to go. You have to be very careful of the floors, especially in the bath rooms or you'll find yourself on your a**. Very slippery. Very convenient to just grab your suit and walk about 40 yards to the boat. Tim, I assume your diving with Aldora. You'll be an early pick up for them more than likely. Shore diving is quite good as well. Saw my first seahorse on that reef.

5615mike:
Second this opinion. Reef rooms are the way to go. You have to be very careful of the floors, especially in the bath rooms or you'll find yourself on your a**. Very slippery. Very convenient to just grab your suit and walk about 40 yards to the boat. Tim, I assume your diving with Aldora. You'll be an early pick up for them more than likely. Shore diving is quite good as well. Saw my first seahorse on that reef.

They still give you the voucher for the free nights stay when you book but I already bought the package and the flights are set so I will have to use it somewhere else. And yes, I will be diving with Aldora, who else it there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom