latex seal treatments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glcoley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Love my drysuit and was always told to only put talcum powder on the and wrist seals...
Now I'm hearing I should use other stuff, like the ad below, what does USIA say?
Revivex UV Tech does more than just protect from UV rays, it also rejuvenates rubbers and plastics helping them last longer and look better.
Revivex UV Tech works great on fiberglass, KevlarŽ®, RoyalexŽ®, plastic, vinyl, latex trilaminates, rubber and more.
UV Tech doesn't just protect against the harmful rays of the sun, it also helps rejuvenate plastic and rubber products.
Protecting your possessions from UV helps keep colors from fading and extends the life of the item.
Environmentally friendly formula.

I have seen people use water soulable (sp) lubricants on thier seals when donning or duffing their suits. I can't bring myself to do it.

I was very careful with my 1st suit. But I wound up relacing seals evey two years. My USIA is my 1st new drysuit (I love it) and was custom fitted.

Is this okay? too...

I never use anything but talc, but have been told by a number of dive shops that the new treatments are the thing to use now to preserve the latex.
I am always cautious about making changes and want some "expert" advice first.
Is there a USIA rep out there that can comment?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom