Lauderdale Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltblue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Anybody down there know anything about Lauderdale Marina? I was thinking about making them my home base when I come down in February. It sounds like they have a nice launch close by, the one on 15th SE. They also have someplace to leave my truck and trailer and have a slip that I can use at the start and end of my trip.

Any feedback that you could give me on them would be great. Also, if you know of someplace better, please feel free to suggest it.

BTW, I am going to be starting the trip in Ft. Lauderdale because that is where the wife is flying into.

Thanks

The 15th Street boat ramp is city owned and not affiliated w/ Lauderdale Marina. They just happen to be next to each other. That being said, LM has a nice fuel dock and a nice store to get boat parts, beverages, ice, snacks, etc. A little known fact: Lauderdale Marina does scuba air fills (and at the end of the 15th Street canal, there's Brownie's dive shop for nitrox fills).

15th Street Fisheries Restaurant is also there as well, great food and practically an institution of a restaurant (I took my dates there when I was in HS).

They have slips available as well but I doubt you'd be permitted to sleep aboard your boat. You'd need to check directly.

I think they'd probably be able to serve your needs just fine.

Personally I thing the Ft. Lauderdale Ocean Grand is a good set up. It sits right across from the Marina, liveaboards slips available. A one time parking free once you are in the deck, and free hops in the hotel pool and hot tub to relax. You can get meals served out by the pool bar also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom