Laurel Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KROBI

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Laurel Lake Sunday, the vis was very good, at 75 ft it was 20 ft +, you didn't need a light.

Looks like it's about time to get that Laurel Lake trip together! :eyebrow:

jpsexton:
Looks like it's about time to get that Laurel Lake trip together! :eyebrow:
After this weekend the boat traffic will go down, not a lot of boats on the water Sunday.....

tstormdiver:
There are several of us from the Evansville diving site that are kicking around the idea of diving Patoka Lake, if anyone is interested.

Do you know of anyone that has dove Potoka? I haven't heard any good things about diving that lake. Shallow and terrible vis.

Dwight

Hey Kenny did you go with the AOW class? I have OW student going to Laurel on
Sept. 8-9 for checkouts if you can make it.

Narced141:
Hey Kenny did you go with the AOW class? I have OW student going to Laurel on
Sept. 8-9 for checkouts if you can make it.
Hey Ray,
Yes, i was with the AOW class, Lee was there and we dove toghter and helped with the class a little. I will try and make in Sept.

roadkils:
Do you know of anyone that has dove Potoka? I haven't heard any good things about diving that lake. Shallow and terrible vis.

Dwight
No, no one in our club here has dove there. Several have fished there & say it looked clear to about 15' or so, form the surface. We're not looking to dive it until sometime in Oct or there abouts. The boat traffic should be way down by then & hopefully vis will improve. There has been said to be some old demolished bridges in there, but I'm not sure where.

tstormdiver:
There has been said to be some old demolished bridges in there, but I'm not sure where.

On the bottom of the lake, maybe? :D

Back
Top Bottom