Lava flowing to the water again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just started back up about three days ago. Put this on your list of must see things if your here any time soon.

I was under the impression that "lava diving" was exceedingly dangerous. Wasn't there an article in Rodale's a couple years back about this?

I'd assume he means see it from the land ... that's what we did when it was flowing into the water a couple years ago.

Y'all missed my questions about UW pics of lava a while back then. In fact I was asking Brad Lewis, the guru of lava photos about it yesterday. Yes folks, Im just silly enough to try it but that was not the point. It's flowing to the water again and from land sea or air it is quite the sight!

archman:
I was under the impression that "lava diving" was exceedingly dangerous. Wasn't there an article in Rodale's a couple years back about this?
You mean, an article saying how great it was? Those are the articles in Rodale's that pretty much tell you something is unsafe... :)

The articles that 'diss' things are the ones to consider recommendations. :)

Ha ha, I tracked it down. November 2003.
The Edge: The hottest, coldest, longest, deepest and highest dives in the world. These are the stories of the world's superlative sites, the people who pioneered them, and how you can follow their lead and find your own adventure.
http://www.scubadiving.com/training/specialty_and_advanced/the_edge/0/

There's a dive site at 19,200 feet. Yikes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom