Lavacore in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgt2221

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm diving april 10-20 and I would like to try out my new Lavacore long sleeve shirt and pants, anyone had any experience there with these?

I don't usually get too cold, 3mm was more than enough last year in Coz in April, in fact most dives I just wore shorts and a long sleeve lycra shirt. I haven't used the lavacore yet but it's pretty light and it helps with the cool Ninja Look hehe, I'm sure I won't overheat in it, but any input is appreciated.:D

LP just started carrying this and I don't think many people would have Lavacore. As advertised its comparable to a 1.5-2mm suit and when worn underneath a wetsuit is suppose to offer 3mm insulation properties.

So how expensive was it? How does it fit?

Fleece wetsuits is what I have used in Cozumel for years Tri-lams until they stopped making them and a Lavacore full suit last year when they came out, Very happy with the Lavacore.

I Jan. I wore a Lavacore shirt with hood under my 5 m.l. wetsuit(yes, I am a complete wimp). It was comfortable and kept me warm but the thing takes an eternity to dry. While my wetsuit would be mostly dry by the next day, the Lavacore was still sopping wet. I have read that it is neutrally buoyant, but I found that I need to add another 1-2# weight when using it.

I am diving a Fourth Element Thermoclime fleece right now in Cozumel. I think it is similar to the Lavacore. I add a 3 mil zipper vest and I am happy. I like the fleece type wetsuits rather than the neoprene ones. I have a few old Henderson Polarfleece and Trilams that have always been fine this time of year. I hang the out to dry on a sunny spot and they do dry fairly quickly.

Back
Top Bottom