Lawrence Factor HYPER FILTER / HYPER PURIFIER for Nitrox/Trimix P.P. blending

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oatmeal769

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
2013-09-19 14.57.12.jpg

This is a portable hyper filter used for the Oxygen clean air portion of a partial pressure blending system. It's portable, and fantastic for blending or topping O2 clean scuba cylinders on a boat which has no nitrox capability. I'm not diving enough since my move to Colorado, so I'm letting this go at a great price.

The unit is more 10 years old, but most of that time it was deep in storage in a dry Pelican case. The design has not changed a bit from then to the current issue filters from L-Factor. The filter element is about 18 months old, but has only had a few hundred cubic feet of air pushed through it. It was last used about 10 months ago. You should have a lot of life left on it before replacing. It has my name etched into it, but this can easily be removed with some sand paper.

Everything works like new, and the unit is a joy to use. Just hook it up and start blending. The inlet block is a standard yoke fitting, and the outlet is 1/4 JIC I believe. Note: this listing includes the filter unit as pictured only. I am not selling any any other blending items at this time.

I purchased this filter in about 2003 (?) via the dive shop I worked at for $1,500. I'm selling for nearly HALF that, $900.00.

Description from the Lawrence Factor catalog:

Lawrence Factor Hyper Purifier HF-962-134
Creates highly purified air for Nitrox, Trimix, etc.
Polishing clean gases to ultra pure levels (up to 99.99%) requires equipment designed to those standards. Our Hyper Purifiers will meet the demands of applications such as very pure laboratory gases, blending gases, oxygen compatible air, and anywhere that “zero air” might be required. Hyper Purifiers are a sensible and simple way to process these gases.
Included: Inlet isolation valve and manifold, redundant check valves,
priority valve, pressure gauge, petcock vent, all stainless steel
couplers and fasteners, high efficiency micron filter, X-pendable®
cartridge set.
Specifications: Working Pressure 2000 - 5000 psi, Max. Operating
Temperature 100°F, Safety Factor 4:1, Cycle Life 15,000
Construction of Cartridge Holder: Aluminum with Bronze Hard
Anodize.

Description from the Global Mfg. Catalog:

Single Tower Portable Hyper-Filter System - Composed of a single tower (3.75 x 24"), filter cartridge, and associated hardware mounted on metal plate. Air enters the top of the filter and exits at the filter block / priority valve on the base plate. A carrying handle on the top of the tower allows this filter to be used "in the field" as well as in the dive shop (Weighs 25 lbs.). Accommodates air flow rates up to 6-8 cu. ft. / minute and will process up to 7,000 cu. ft. of OCA.

Yours for $900.00 plus shipping.

Shipping will be via UPS.
I will add insurance equivalent to the purchase price if requested. The unit weighs 25 lbs, and I guess a box and packing will be another two pounds.
Local pickup is welcome.

I DO NOT accept PAYPAL!! They ripped me off once too often. I would prefer cashiers check, or M.O. I use Pro-Pay on ebay, if you aren't comfortable with a check or M.O. but I think I would have to sell it to you via private auction, and charge extra for the eBay and ProPay fees. I think I can set up my account there to accept a credit card directly too. I've emailed customer service, and I'll edit this as I find out more. Other suggestions are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom