LBI Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyking

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
LBI Scuba seems to have disappeared. Web site is down and phones disconnected. Anyone have a clue?

I heard they were going out of buissness, but I don't have any details.

Didn't they move the shop a couple of miles down the road towards Beach Haven last year? They seemed to be doing OK with their boat last summer. It's (was?) next to the Dina Dee. Anyone notice if it's still there? I know this doesn't answer your question but I'm curious also.

Didn't they move the shop a couple of miles down the road towards Beach Haven last year? They seemed to be doing OK with their boat last summer. It's (was?) next to the Dina Dee. Anyone notice if it's still there? I know this doesn't answer your question but I'm curious also.

A friend who lives on the island just e-mailed me saying L.B.I. Scuba is DONE, and the TomKat is out of the water and for sale. SUX, big time !!!:11:

A friend who lives on the island just e-mailed me saying L.B.I. Scuba is DONE, and the TomKat is out of the water and for sale. SUX, big time !!!:11:

Definitely sux. Glad I didn't send them money when the '08 sked came out! Anyone going anywhere good the week of July 4? Got a query in already to NESS on seat availability - they seem to be the only ones doing weekday trips and I'd like to get at least 2 in and maybe a shore dive someplace on or close to LBI.

they seem to be the only ones doing weekday trips and I'd like to get at least 2 in and maybe a shore dive someplace on or close to LBI.

East Coast diving runs Wednesday trips on the Atlantus out of Atlantic City.
They also do the occasional monday dive, and night dives on fridays

East Coast Diving's Dive Schedule

... they seem to be the only ones doing weekday trips and I'd like to get at least 2 in and maybe a shore dive someplace on or close to LBI.

Venture III does Wednesday trips out of Belmar. Don't know of any shore dives on L.B.I. except the 'Acme barge'. I'm not even sure that thing is still around. Last I heard, years ago, it was all rebar. Like punji sticks waiting to impale.

I stopped by the store and met Charlie. It is true, the shop is closed, merchandise returned and boat up for sale. This is real bad. There are no dive shops left between Brick and Northfield.

The Acme barge is nearly gone, it is also dangerous withe the PWCs buzzing around overhead. Barnegat Inlet is pretty good for spearfishing, just not much of a window with the tides

Anyone ever dive Holgate Jetty? There's one review of it on shorediving.com and it'll be about 2-3 minutes away. Can't imagine any viz at that location, but ... May be a good place to spearfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom