LBI Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son hits the south jetty at Barnegat Inlet, vis about 10'. Holgate may be dicey with the tides. The whole Great Bay with all the shoaling. The guys fishing from the sod banks do pretty good with strippers and weekfish

Been in the water just north of Holgate Jetty with a snorkel and there wasn't much to see, near 0-viz. Just wondered if I was missing something or the trick may be to get a bit further offshore and with the tides that seemed to have its own issues also. Also been wondering about the inlet south jetty - may have to give that a try. Have seen one report on the north jetty, but I'm not athletic enough to get gear to that location.

South jetty at Barnegat is also a hike. I'd check it out before carrying out the gear. It is more protected due to the existing jetty and the old collapsed jetty.

Called-up NESS and booked on the Tuna Seazure 30 June (San Jose) and 2 July (Wellington). Any other 'trox addicts coming along?

Can't wait! Got lots to do in the mean time so the next 3 weeks or so will probably fly by way too fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom