LCD for a Video Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
Just finished up with a little DIY project. I usedhttp://www.lcdracks.com/panels/vlcd4p.html for my monitor, $165, and then bought a solid state relay to turn it on and off with the LANC. This is pretty easily done. Just hook the + and - from the LANC to the + and - on the input side of the relay. Then connect the + side of the power supply for the monitor to the output of the relay. When there is no power the relay stops the power to the monitor. If you want more details I will be more than happy to help.
The monitor is 12VDC so I used 8 AA. Even with the batteries the housing is still about 2 lbs positive. So powering the monitor from the camera isn't an issue. Even if it was I am sure that it could be done with a slight modification of ultravinnie's idea.

Hello crpntr133,

I'm new to this forum (in fact I just found this thread which interested me ;-) - so a little hello to all happy divers of this forum).

I would like to know if you could give a basic schema of your setup, the part which interests me is the power control via the lanc hook. I would like to know more specificly which kind of solid state relay you used to do this.

I bought a PUSTOM screen I plan to use in my housing and I was looking to an easy way to control power on/off of the monitor. As I plan to use microphone input to record sound, I think ultravinnie solution is not adapted.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Benoit

Hi to everybody,
I find this thread and I'm very interested because I bought a Pustom LCD for my Sea&Sea VXPC300 . I want to use the MIC line for the control power of the LCD, can someone help me for the electronic component ? Thanks to all.

Yeah same here, can someone poitn out the component that outputs 5v in the pustom on the ictures atttached ?
thanks a lot

Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_3053.JPG
    IMG_3053.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3054.JPG
    IMG_3054.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 64
Hi Jim,
I resolve the problem with this battery.(sorry but it's impossible for a new user to insert a url) I have find big problem to insert the Pustom in my Sea&Sea Housings, it' very very little. When I'm finish the big work, I post a pics.

Back
Top Bottom