LDS near Dutch Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone recommend an LDS in the general vicinity of the Dutch Springs to rent a BC/Wetsuit(+Vest) and a couple of filled tanks? We're planning to go there this weekend and trying to avoid dragging all this stuff from Philadelphia. Thanks.

I have been in their shop, They are located right around corner from Dutch Staff seem nice and helpful have not purchased/rented anything from them but they seem like a good shop

Thanks! Its been a while since I've been to that site - do they have rinse tanks there? Equipment has to be returned rinsed it seems...

On the way to Dutch from Philly you could stop in Indian Valley Scuba in Harleysville. Great people and quality rental gear.

I'm with parzdiver..........Indian Valley Scuba. We will be there this weekend with the Dueling Drysuit Demo Trailer, and the Equipment Trailer. Always good service, and the topside gatherings are always great. You won't be dissapointed. Address is on the web site, and you can't miss the 30 foot inflatable diver on Route 113.

we went last october to lehigh, they were helpful, the gear was well maintained and they were very friendly. i highly recommend them

On the way to Dutch from Philly you could stop in Indian Valley Scuba in Harleysville. Great people and quality rental gear.

Thanks for the suggestions. Do they allow divers in the water until the sunset on Saturdays? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics - picking up local rentals may turn out to be more of a pain since we may not have enough time to drop the rentals off on the same night. I don't think any one of our LDSs is coming to DS this weekend so we may need to join another group...

Thanks for the suggestions. Do they allow divers in the water until the sunset on Saturdays? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics - picking up local rentals may turn out to be more of a pain since we may not have enough time to drop the rentals off on the same night.

If you aren't doing a "night" dive, you have to be out of Dutch Springs by 6PM, not just out of the water, but out of the facility.

If you call IVS ask for Bev, she can help with the logistics. IVS will be up there with the equipment trailer for students and you might be able to work a "return" while there and not have to go back to the shop. Typical rental is for the weekend, not just the day.

Can someone recommend an LDS in the general vicinity of the Dutch Springs to rent a BC/Wetsuit(+Vest) and a couple of filled tanks? We're planning to go there this weekend and trying to avoid dragging all this stuff from Philadelphia. Thanks.

Do you own your own BC/wetsuit, etc? If so, how/why would "dragging it from Philadelphia" be a problem? Not like you're flying or taking a train, right? If you have your own stuff, bring it. Much easier than trying to coordinate drop-off on the way home, pick-up on the way there. If you don't have your own stuff, renting nearer home might be better option if you can pick up Friday night and return Sunday AM.

You can rent tanks at Dutch and just drop 'em off on your way out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom