LDS near Dutch Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we need to rent one BC (for my buddy) as well as tanks, weights and exposure suits. Are there lines to rent tanks usually (I've gathered getting a fill may take considerable time on the weekends)? My LDS recommended bringing everything (including lunch)... :eat: We were not planning on staying for the night dive so 6pm works if we manage to get up there early enough. What time does IVS usually get there?

IVS gets up there close to opening. They will have a large tent for shade set up on the Student Side. Bev is the shop manager and grill-mistress, so she can answer any questions about the rental stuff and logistics.

Whatever way it may work out with the rental gear we would be interested in joining that group... :D

Keep in mind Dutch Springs puts a large credit hold on your credit or debit card for each tank you rent from them. It is released when tanks are returned however it may take a couple of days to come off your card.

Yes, thanks for the info. I understand you have a demo day this weekend - is this event open to the public? Does one have to be 'dry certified' to check a suit out if so?

Thanks for the suggestions. Do they allow divers in the water until the sunset on Saturdays? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics - picking up local rentals may turn out to be more of a pain since we may not have enough time to drop the rentals off on the same night. I don't think any one of our LDSs is coming to DS this weekend so we may need to join another group...

Parzdiver has it..............you have to be in the water by 5:00 PM, for your final dive of the day. I guess they beat you with a regulator, or hit you with weightbelts if you come out at 6:05.............Have fun. I know it's going to be hot Saturday and Sunday, but the bottom temp at depth only changes a few degrees throughout the year (48 degrees on my computer last week). The cold doesn't really bother me too much, so I can use a 4/3. But if I may suggest, do not forget a hood and gloves. It makes a world of difference. Many people still use drysuits, and IVS has a large selection for demo and purchase.

As Parzdiver says.............talk to Bev. They MIGHT be able to have you turn the gear into the Student trailer for the return. Find out the policy. I don't rent, so I can't give you anything definate. IVS will really work with you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I spoke to one of the associates at the shop and it seems we will have to get the rental gear back to the shop...

Back
Top Bottom