LDS pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry MIKE..I have to take a hit on that..I miss read your post...MY BAD..I thought you DISTRIBUTED- got to get my eyes checked .AGAIN my bad. Got to get off the coffee. Sorry no meaness intended

Being fair in this business is hard. Because your are always pinned to make a deal and either you sell your product or they go elsewhere thus loosing business. Or making a tiny profit. Being ethical is not a loosing matter....they will come around eventually, providing great customer service is the key. Without selling your sole of course. Business is business.

Dive Right In Scuba:
Huh?? I am an LDS.....Im not bashing him, I just think its unethical. He is one reason we opened a LDS...because how LDSs treat their customers and rip them off. Is that bad on my part to try and do something the right way??.....Its customer service....I dont agree with it and thats what I was trying to get out. Again, this type of treatment is what this discussion is about, Im agains this type of treatment as its not good business.

What customer service on my part? Im not Oceanic, I just sell there stuff....and what I say on here is nothing I say to a customer or someone in the area....Im sorry if I tried to share a story about something that just happened and I find completely unethical of ANY business......THose are my ethics

I think you got confused....Im not OCEANIC....he doesnt sell my line..... :wink:

The best customer service in the world does not warrant charging above list!

LindaBluedolphin:

In the current market, it makes about as much sense, as a consumer, to pay MSRP for high dollar scuba gear as it does to pay MSRP for a new car.

Put some perspective in this debate. I will be brief.

List price and actual price range from area to area. One place may be list price and the other may mark it up some more. Some WAY more. A profit has to be made somewhere. Right? But at what cost. Custoemr disatisfaction? High overhead?

Now look at other products aside from diving. Cars, Clothing, food and Housing. Why would you pay 350, 000$ for a 1200 square foot house in one area and the same size house in an other market are is about 100, 000 less??? what is that all about?...Location Location. Or is it MARKET value and demand? If your selling your house would you not want to get or make the most money from it? Or anything for that matter? I hope you would want to make as much as possible.

A Higher market value will set sales prices on items if the whole INDUSTRY does not do some sort of controll on pricing. Across the board. But that is not going to happen, markets vary from state to state.

Business is business your in it to earn a living....In any case..buyer beware...shop around.

LindaBluedolphin:

I actually need to do just that...
Cheers

Dive Right In Scuba:
No problem :wink: Mistakes happen......I think you just need to get underwater and blow some bubbles :D

Just received the LEASUREPRO Underwater Equipment Guide in the mail today .... IT'S A BIG BOOK .... no prices but lots of equipment listed and makes it easy to cross reference brands and features..... SPECIAL NOTE .... Dacor is not listed under the "Brand Index" guide to find equipment ... there's Mares but no listing or equipment by DACOR

scarefaceDM:

List price and actual price range from area to area. One place may be list price and the other may mark it up some more. Some WAY more. A profit has to be made somewhere. Right? But at what cost. Custoemr disatisfaction? High overhead?

Now look at other products aside from diving. Cars, Clothing, food and Housing. Why would you pay 350, 000$ for a 1200 square foot house in one area and the same size house in an other market are is about 100, 000 less??? what is that all about?...Location Location. Or is it MARKET value and demand? If your selling your house would you not want to get or make the most money from it? Or anything for that matter? I hope you would want to make as much as possible.

A Higher market value will set sales prices on items if the whole INDUSTRY does not do some sort of controll on pricing. Across the board. But that is not going to happen, markets vary from state to state.

Business is business your in it to earn a living....In any case..buyer beware...shop around.

In our area (retirement areas in Florida) it seems to be standard operating proceedure to charge 20-30% over MSRP for almost anything. I think these retailers think that once you retire, your brain goes dead and they have the right to overcharge older people what ever they can get away with. I get real upset with these companies and have no feeling for them what so ever! Buy it where the price is right! Sort of off the original subject, but tripped my trigger.

I agree in not paying too much for that or this or anything...this is where the BUYER be ware attitude plays. That is why folks shop around. And you wonder why some business go under. It is bad business to drive a consumer to go elsewhere.

I deal with several LDS, and I get three prices all vary from one another on the same prouct. And some do not carry what I want. So I go to the ones whom have it in stock and give me the best price they can. I know before hand what it is worth and what I will pay for it based on the research I did.

Go where the price is right and the service is excellent.

427Dave:
In our area (retirement areas in Florida) it seems to be standard operating proceedure to charge 20-30% over MSRP for almost anything. I think these retailers think that once you retire, your brain goes dead and they have the right to overcharge older people what ever they can get away with. I get real upset with these companies and have no feeling for them what so ever! Buy it where the price is right! Sort of off the original subject, but tripped my trigger.

scarefaceDM:

I can't take my home in NYC (btw $300,000 for 900 sgaure feet in Queens plus over $500 a month fees to the COOP) to Cozumel, but I can take my scuba gear to Cozumel no matter where I bought it and at whatever price. The analogy you make doesn't really fit when you compare home prices to scuba gear and that's because you can't move a home from one market to another very easily. :wink: However, the internet makes the scuba market global and that is the issue at hand. Gear can be shipped cheaply, a home can't.

I do agree with you when you say..."Go where the price is right and the service is great.":D

Back
Top Bottom