LDS - Scuba Tiger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Virus]FSLR2[

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
http://www.scubatiger.com/

Went in and ordered a couple of Dive-Rite tank straps with the stainless cam/Hinge for my BP from these guys today. Price was decent, but they had to order them. They'll be in on Monday.

Anyone in the Jax area use these guys? What's your opinion of them?

-=V=-

I work with a guy who uses them and has no complaints about their service. I live on the other side of town, so I use the LDS's at the beach for my gear. I think there are some people on here that know more history about the shop than I do, so you might want to wait to see if anything else comes up. Let me know how your order turns out as I'm hopelessly addicted to this sport now and need a few good dealers....um....suppliers I mean!! :)

(I'll meet you out back in the alley......)

/me walks up to your car window...

Wanna airfill? I got some 21 for 4, 32 for 7, and 36 for 9. I got a line on some tri if you need it also, but I gotta call a guy for it first, but it'll cost you...

-=V=-

I use 'em when I'm in town, stand up guys, which can be hard to find in Jax...

Have you checked out Sea Hunt SCUBA in St. Augustine? I took most of my classes through a guy who does independent stuff through that shop, they have a pool onsite, they don't do a high volume, but they're closer to you if you're in St. Augustine.

PM me if you have any questions.

Ben

They are my preferred LDS, but don't carry the some gear I use. They're primarily a Sherwood-Zeagle-ScubaPro shop.

Steve and Curtis are great guys, and I dive with them every other month.

Their shop is huge compared to the little shops around here. There's a shop in Mandarin that's about 16' wide by 30' long. Scuba Tiger is about the same size. The pool is a nice addition as well. I can always go in there to try new things and hop in the pool to make sure I'm doing something wrong errrr right.

I had called SeaHunt and asked Steve about the cam straps and they said they would have to order them (after poking a little fun at me for buying a BP that didn't have them; he was kidding me) so I checked the DiveRite site and they showed Scuba Tiger as a rep, and since I work around the corner from them, so I stopped in. I'm not sure how long they've been there, but I had never seen their shop. I think they need a dive flag posted out on the highway. It might give them a little more business.

Anyway, I ordered my straps and picked up a copy of Imersed while I was there.

Not that I was looking at changing my shop, but it's always good to have a backup.

-=V=-

Depends on what you want out of the shop.They are nice guys and cater somewhat to the miniscule tech community here.Divers supply has most of the same vendors and sometimes better prices.The shop you mentioned in Mandarin has the nicest people in it.I use APD www.atlanticprodivers.com cause they have the most and best spearfishing experience.Not many places you can walk in and see previous world and state champions,male and female on occasion.I use ebay,online and my LDS depending on my time frame and what gear we're talking about.

Well... not really, the only "tech" stuff Tiger and DS have in common is Dive Rite, Tiger also has Halcyon, OMS, Scubapro and Zeagle, which DS doesn't, plus the guys at Tiger are actually technical divers... hardly the same case at DS.

I've used all the shops in the area for one thing or another, they all have their highs and lows, it's the ratio of the two that count :wink:

Also... which shop are you talking about in Mandarin? The one still in business or the one that went out?

Ben

Well, obviously I didn't stop at the one that isn't there anymore <giggle> then again, maybe I did, and that's why their service sucked!

Actually, I stopped and talked to Mike Winkles at Meridian Divers.

-=V=-

hey now... you're from St. Augustine and you JUST found Tiger, so I wasn't sure how often you make it to Mandarin, plus, I wasn't sure you're description matched the shop I had in mind, so I had to check...

BTW, do you ever do any diving out of St. Augustine?

Ben

I thought Tiger was the only Tech diver there.I didn't know Brett or any of the other guys did cave or mix.I believe Mike from Mandarin is full cave saving for Mix.I don't believe any of the other shops have many tech divers in staff.DET and APD cater more to spearfishing and trips.With APD having the market on boats til Dan gets his 46' Newton finished.Do people really dive outta S.A.?:wink:DET would also be closer I believe as it's sraight up US1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom