LDS - Scuba Tiger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, there are lots of sites offshore, but no pure dive boats running offshore. You can charter a fisher to take you out, but that's about it.

The LDS here - Sea Hunt Scuba does dives at least every two weeks somewhere, but it's usually in the WPB Area or at the springs.

When they go to WPB, it's cattleboats, and I'm tired of that whole scene. As far as the springs, well... been there, done that.. also when they do the springs, it's usually combined with their new divers, and vis goes to hell within a few minutes.

Also, I like to stop and look at things you know, and you can't really do that when your buddy isn't paying attention and just drifts away.... I don't spearfish (yet) although I have taken my polespear with me in the keys and gotten dinner a few times, but other than that, I look to get close and look at the little things.

Something else.. I went into ScubaTiger today and got my Cam Bands, and asked about H-Valves... he said he has them for $40 or so... I'm thinking GREAT!!! I'll take two! I have seen them for $150 and up, so I was ready to jump on this!

Then he pulls out a standard Yoke! He had no idea what I was talking about. I even drew a picture for him and he just looked at me like I had three heads.

This worried me a little from a shop that supposedly specializes in the tech area.

I'm going to put "H" valves on my tanks, since I do most of my dives alone. I want to have a third reg (2nd stage) fed from a seperate 1st stage. I know most people in the tech realm don't approve of the AirII Power Inflator/Reg, but I have one that came in a package deal, and it would make a nice tertiary source without cluttering too much.

Anyway, that's my $.02 - Thanks for listening to me ramble

-=V=-

100days-a-year once bubbled...
I thought Tiger was the only Tech diver there.I didn't know Brett or any of the other guys did cave or mix.I believe Mike from Mandarin is full cave saving for Mix.I don't believe any of the other shops have many tech divers in staff.DET and APD cater more to spearfishing and trips.With APD having the market on boats til Dan gets his 46' Newton finished.Do people really dive outta S.A.?:wink:DET would also be closer I believe as it's sraight up US1

I'm pretty sure Tiger, Brett and Jason are cave divers, I know Tiger is a mix diver and someone there is a tech instructor, but since I don't know who I won't guess.

Mike and Mike at Meridian are cave divers, but their shop isn't geared toward tech diving like Tiger is.

DET and APD are definitely not in the tech realm, APD has thier own thing going and the guys at DET are pretty new, so don't ride them too hard :)

Ben

Virus]FSLR2[ once bubbled...
Well, there are lots of sites offshore, but no pure dive boats running offshore. You can charter a fisher to take you out, but that's about it.

Not true, my instructor runs a dive boat out of St. Augustine, PM me if you're interested.

Virus]FSLR2[ once bubbled...
Something else.. I went into ScubaTiger today and got my Cam Bands, and asked about H-Valves... he said he has them for $40 or so... I'm thinking GREAT!!! I'll take two! I have seen them for $150 and up, so I was ready to jump on this!

Then he pulls out a standard Yoke! He had no idea what I was talking about. I even drew a picture for him and he just looked at me like I had three heads.

This worried me a little from a shop that supposedly specializes in the tech area.

Strange... I would think any shop would know what an H-valve is, any idea who you talked to?

Ben

One of the regulars on Spearboard runs a charter starting recently from SA.I know Tiger was mix,I had the same instructor he had,he said Tiger was a good diver.I didn't know about Brett and Jason cause all we talk about is spearfishing:)Wally from DET may be on here,he is on spearboard.A very nice guy.Scuba Cove got bought from ex-Meridian Angelo to a former commercial diver.I believe they are the impetus behind the new JaxReefSounders club.Also I believe Dan will be running his Newton from there.APD can get anything you want as they are dealers for justabout everything.I have bought OMS,Halcyon,Highland Mills and other odds and ends from them.They have a clientele that runs from newbies,trip takers,spearfishermen and tech divers up to a NOAA dive physician who monitered the Moniter divers.My buisness lets me get around to see all of the shops and I stop in occasionally to say hi.I have H-valves from Dive-Rite and OMS the old OMS suck really bad as the are not adjustable easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom