LDS's offer on Apeks regs - need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khel

Contributor
Reaction score
After discussing a regulator setup purchase, my LDS came up with the following deal .....

Apeks (yoke)

TX100+TX40 combo - $500
TX50 (DST first stage) + TX40 - $425

Also, with the same package, I'm getting AL80 (Dacor?) tank with VIP and fill for $150 and SPG for $85....

Is this a good deal? Does it worth it? And if so, which one is better.... How easy it is to get parts for them and convert to DIN? Is it good for doubles (if later on I'll decide on using them)? Or maybe I should get ATX 200+ATX50 online?

Any feedback is really appriciated.

khel

khel once bubbled...
After discussing a regulator setup purchase, my LDS came up with the following deal .....

Apeks (yoke)

TX100+TX40 combo - $500
TX50 (DST first stage) + TX40 - $425

Also, with the same package, I'm getting AL80 (Dacor?) tank with VIP and fill for $150 and SPG for $85....

Is this a good deal? Does it worth it? And if so, which one is better.... How easy it is to get parts for them and convert to DIN? Is it good for doubles (if later on I'll decide on using them)? Or maybe I should get ATX 200+ATX50 online?

Any feedback is really appriciated.

khel

Meh. I'd say it depends on how much you like the guys there.

By comparison, you can get an ATX50 + ATX40 (the newer ATX, not the older TX - the ATX series second stages are quite a bit smaller.. the TX second stages are giants by today's standards) for $384. You'd be paying $50 less for the newer, smaller versions of the second stages. Personally I wouldn't bother upgrading to the ATX200. Any of the Apeks first stages are good for doubles routing, I hear.

The tank is pretty much worth it, since it might be difficult to get a tank shipped to you for less, especially with a VIP and fill. What are you going to do with only one tank though?

If you're paying $85 for an SPG, make sure it's a high quality brass one and not plastic. You can get a very nice OMS brass SPG from LP for $75, and a more generic plastic Genesis one is $60.

If *I* were you, I'd order the ATX50/ATX40 combo from DiveInn and the OMS SPG from LP tonight, then go into the LDS tomorrow and pick up two tanks.

Thanks Jonnythan!
That's, probably, what I'm going to do.
I like these guys, but... :)
And another funny thing about SPG, when I told him that I want a brass one, I was explained that they are not any better that plastic ones, and rather often even worse :)

khel

khel once bubbled...
Thanks Jonnythan!
That's, probably, what I'm going to do.
I like these guys, but... :)
And another funny thing about SPG, when I told him that I want a brass one, I was explained that they are not any better that plastic ones, and rather often even worse :)

khel

Let me guess... the one he had for sale was plastic :)

jonnythan once bubbled...

Let me guess... the one he had for sale was plastic :)

:D :D :D Yep, the only one that he had at the moment. Though he wasn't pushing it too hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom