HELP! Need advice (quick) about DIN adapters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be floored if you need to bring your own DIN inserts.
X2
If they have the style valves that take the inserts, have regular world travelers, they have the inserts.

As mentioned above, The M26 is a European thing. Unlike the rest of the world someone decided to add another layer of bureaucracy and make another standard for Nitrox/O2. It looks like a DIN, but it is slightly different. The rest of the world just laughs and uses DIN and yoke for any dive gas. Many in the EU also blow off the government standard and use the world standard of a regular DIN for everything.

There is another adaptor that screws into a DIN tank, has a yoke fitting turned 90°. This will work in any DIN tank regardless of the valve setup.

The "pro valve" is a DIN that takes the regular little doughnut adaptor.

All else fails, take a picture of your yoke setup (clear, not on a tank) and email it to the operator and ask if this will work? Pictures can be better than words when having to cross language barriers.

Also as stated above that excerpt is only addressing divers with DIN 1stages, particularly those from Europe. I would bet they have plain ole Yoke valves too.

Well, they did say that they have limited "adapters" and guests should not expect a guarantee that they will have conversion gear - that's what sent me into a slight panic. And I do want peace of mind (as opposed to me giving them a piece of my mind :wink: ) - on previous trips, I've paid a lot of $$$ to fly to the other side of the planet, showed up, and had something on their end (not this operator) go wrong before, so I know there can be surprises. Given all the effort and expense that goes into making this kind of trip happen, I like to know that all my bases are covered, even if that might seem obsessive. And if the fix is just 4 dollars and a small part, that's an easy choice for me.

I've emailed the operators, including a link to the DGX part. Hopefully they will respond positively and quickly.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom