learn from tables or dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree, the use of tables gives you the meaninig of what are you doing, then use a nice, affordable computer, that´s why the technology is invented.

Regards Mario Pacheco

Learning the tables and use them for some dives after OW class. I dove with a guy who didn't use tables or a computer (He was new) evidently they left this out of his class. I think teaching either would be better than niether????

Originally posted byPongorulz
tables are cake, and when u go out on a dive boat , u dont even hafta worry about doin them, the capt. and dive master do it all for u
Er... actually, on our first (and only) ocean boat dives the DM did let us know the approximate depth and our intended time. Three teams went into the water at the Nursery and at Hillsboro Ledge at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, so keeping a schedule was part of the trip.
I will point out the difference between intended depth on a reef, and looking at your depth gauge and seeing that you have exceeded it before you even got there! :11:
This time we really did rely on our computers to keep us out of trouble! We would have had a heck of a time on that second dive if we had only planned on using our tables. Apparently we were dropped at a slightly deeper part of the reef. No problems, just a learning experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom