Learning to Dive in TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sham_ba_la

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm very new to the diving scene and actually just getting ready to sign up for my first classes... :D

I live in the Northern DFW (Texas) area so any suggestions you may have for me on starting out are truly welcome because I'm still pretty lost on a lot of things pertaining to diving...:confused:

Welcome to the board Sham_ba_la!

Think you'll find a lot of useful info here. If you have any questions, folks here are always happy to help!

Howdy and welcome to diving in Texas! So where in the metroplex do you live? There are shops in Ft Worth, Arlington, Colleyville, all parts of Dallas, Richardson, Carrollton, Frisco....etc.

Do you have a certain certifying agency in mind? PADI, NAUI, SSI, SDI??? Or do you even care as long as you learn to dive?

Do you know how to swim....have any issues with water that you might need some special help or assistance with?

And finally....do you prefer a female or male instructor? Private or semi-private lessons or just the regular group lessons.

No matter what the answer....we can help you out.

Wreck Wench

I'm actually in the Frisco/Mckinney area, but plan on taking classes at a place in Plano which will be close to work for me and on the way home.

As for instructors I don't mind if it's male or female, I have no preference. On the certification, what's the differences if any?

Hey Sham_ba_la ..... welcome to the world of diving!! I'm getting ready to hit my 1 year anniversary in Sept ...... beware - it's seriously addicting!!! I did my OW & AOW at Ocean's Window in Austin, but their main office is in Plano I believe. Nice folks .....

Just wander the boards and you'll find a ton of information, and every angle of view point. When we went looking to start our OW classes we visited about every shop in Austin (some several times) and then went with the one that we felt most comfortable with, and seemed to fit our needs.:)

Just wanted to say HI and good luck with your classes. I hope you enjoy the Board as much as I have.

~C

Thanks everyone for the great welcomes, the board seems pretty good so far and I've enjoyed reading and learning a lot from here. I hope to continue on here and someday meet some from here once I start diving.

Back
Top Bottom