Learning to work on gear:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tools I would not want to be without (depending on the make of regulator):

1) Pre-set tools (they are cheap and get your second stage almost adjusted)

2) In-line adjustment tool (about $50, but lets you adjust your second stage while pressurized)

Disassembly, cleaning, lubing, and reassembly are one thing. Getting the reg to work the way it is suppose to is another.

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
The more I research this topic, the more sense it makes. In terms of cost, safety, and peace of mind. I have always been leary about taking my kit in to be serviced by anyone that I didn't know personally. You wouldn't happen to have any drawings or plans for these tools you made that you want to share do you? I have access to my fathers shop where I could do light metal fab and such.

If I've done it right, this link will get you to the yoke nut socket.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6833&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=4

I'll have to find a camera for the spanner wrench.

While I don't disagree with stone, I have not bought any of the special adjustment tool. Partly because my R190 and G500 take different tools, and there isnt one for my air2. I'm sure it take me a bit more trial and error, but I end up with a very satisfactory result. With my G500, I actually set it to freeflow slightly with the adjustment all the way out (not what SP recommends) and then back off with the adjuster and mark the "best" setting on the adjuster.

Thoses old Conshelfs take same rebuild kit as Titan get them anywhere.

Tom:doctor:

awap once bubbled...

Parts may be a bit of a challenge unless you can locate generic parts that will work. O-ring shouldn't be much of a problem but seat will probably take a bit more work. Best start point is Harlow's book.

Those old conshelfs are exactly the same as the new titans Aqualung just gave it a new look and made the HP seat removable. Parts are readily available. Just so you know They are extremely simple to overhaul.

Hallmac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom