Leash on the Oly PT-WC01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdfmail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have any of you tried to attach a leash to this lens? I'd hate to loose it. If you've been successful please describe how you did it. If you have a picture...even better.

Thanks

Jon

I don't own that lens but I've used a nylon cable tie passed thru a flexible fishing line leader with clip. Cinch the cable tie tightly around lens body.

Thanks Bruce...I've done that before too but on this lens it's a bit tricky since there's no groove.

On the lenses without a groove I've put a wide rubber band on first, then used the cable tie over the rubber band and cinched it as tight as it would go. Never had it move or loosen.

So I live in Thailand and I have never seen these here. Where can I get them from? I think I need 10-12 inch ones. I've got a friend in LA that can bring some over but I don't know where to have him get them from. i see at homedepot and lowe's they have the 8" ones but I think they might be too short.

You don't need a hole for the leash. If you use a fishing leader with the loop in one end, pass the cable tie thru the loop before using. You don't need a 12" tie .... they can be daisy-chained. For instance, if using 2 - 8" ties, pass the pointed end of one thru the "lock" end of the second .... equals about 14" total. You can buy a container of mixed sizes at Homedepot or Loews for about 10USD .... includes smaller sizes that work for mouthpiece/regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom