Least People - Coz, Playa C, or Isla Mujer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gussy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going on a trip to that area in April and want to avoid the spring break crowds. Which are would have the least number of people? How bad does it get? Like Cancun? Would it be possible to find a deserted beach?

Thanks!

Probably won't find many "Spring Breakers" at those destinations.....they will all be in Cancun....a deserted beach? well you could probably find it on the East side of Cozumel:D

but beware there are plenty of pod people...

I'm going on a trip to that area in April and want to avoid the spring break crowds. Which are would have the least number of people? How bad does it get? Like Cancun? Would it be possible to find a deserted beach?

Thanks!

Isn't Spring Break in March? Although by comparison, Cancun is on Spring Break all the time. ;^)

Isla Mujeres is the least crowded of the three (PdC, Isla, and Coz), but since they are so close to Cancun, they may get some overflow during Break. Playa is ahead of Cozumel in its Cancunization process, so I'd assume that there would be more Breakers there than Cozumel.

Actually, I haven't a clue, have I? ;^)

The only thing I know for sure is that Jeanie at Blue Angel (formerly Caribe Blu) told me that their hotel doesn't usually get any Breakers at all.

yeah, spring break is march so there will be NO spring breakers around although april is easter holidays so that actually means more nationals come to the area as the kids are off school.
isla mujures, cancun, coz.... i reckon you ll find them all pretty quiet this year with the struggling world economy, i actaully read a news article that spring break is going to be 50% down in cancun this year. a true reminder of really whats going on.

I happened to be in Cozumel with my teenage son for Spring break 3 years ago -- for the diving, of course. We popped into the Carlos/Charlies/Frog complex so we could see all the "wildness" in progress. It looked more like a Fraternity party with a dry keg. There were a handful of college kids who were vainly trying to celebrate, but with little apparent success. I think they got Cozumel confused with Cancun when they booked their week. Unlikely that they'll ever let THAT happen again. Spring Break = 0 (thankfully) in Coz.

Thanks for all the info. Looks like Cozumel it is...I can dive, friends and kids can do the beach and snorkel! I'm planing to stay at El Coz based on some co-worker's recommendation. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Thanks for all the info. Looks like Cozumel it is...I can dive, friends and kids can do the beach and snorkel! I'm planing to stay at El Coz based on some co-worker's recommendation. Any reason why I shouldn't?
Is your coworker a diver? El Coz is on the north end, which is inconvenient for diving; it's about as far away from all but a couple of the dive sites as you can get, and most ops won't pick you up there. You may have to cab it into town every morning to meet the dive boat instead of having the boat pick you up at your hotel.

Not a diver. So I guess El Coz might be a problem. What do you guys suggest?

If you are at all into diving, do not stay on the North end of Cozumel. It is a travel nightmare. Once we got off the boat after a long day diving and couldn't get a cab for an hour to take us back to El Coz. Half our party got a ride and the rest had to wait. Bummer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom