Leaving Maui, Oregon sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We had our best Maui visit ever the past 4 weeks but all our gear is packed and I'm about one more vicodin away from a really good pity party.

Everyone who reads the Hawaii Ohana know I love B&B and that I find Brad and Blesi to be the best dive operation I've ever dove with. That doesn't mean other operations here aren't good and I haven't dove with all of them, but I feel very comfortable sending divers to B&B when they visit Maui. They take care of experts to beginners very well as they have plenty of dive leaders on the boat.

We got to dive a few times with kidspot and Tim is a great guy for a DIR type :wink: He has the sweetest mangos on this rock. And he's generous with them too :D

I've read tons about Shaka Doug on this forum and we got to meet Doug and to know him a little. He has the entire "scuba is fun" deal down pat. If someone is into a few guided shore dives or even diving off of a boat with him I don't think they'd be unhappy. What's that Shaka website again? It's a good one.

We dove with a lot of locals this trip. Some we'd meet up with at places like Ulua or Honolua. Weekend warriors most of them but a very friendly group and helpful with local information.

I need to get back here soon.

Oh Al, I'm so sorry to hear you have to get back to this side of the "puddle". :blah: I'm jealous of you being able to spend a MONTH on Maui, and know you'll be heading back as soon as you possibly can.

On an up note, I'm outta here at the end of July for my 10 days stint in paradise (yes, Maui), and can't wait to pick up where you left off in dive adventures. :monkeydan Maui is one of those places that calls to me, and I'm glad to be able to make at least an annual pilgramage there.

The old Pacific Northwest has been bathed in warm weather and sunshine these past few days, and as you well know, our summers are practically unparalleled, so at least you have that to look forward to. :wink:

a month? wow, i was depressed enough leaving there after a week..time to dig up the pics again

Maui's gonna miss you both - I'll look forward to your next visit - have fun in Oregon... at least as much as one can when one is not on Maui :wink:

Aloha, Tim

We're at the airport in San Francisco waiting to connect to Oregon.

Lost our smiles

I'll turn my fan on high and see if I can blow a little Maui sunshine your way Al - Did you take some Maui bottled water home with you to put in the nearest lake and show it what it should look like? :wink:

Aloha again, and glad you had such a good visit

Sorry to see you go Al, but in 11 or so months will pass quickly and you can come again. I'll try to keep the fix going with lots of pictures :wink:

Try coming home to L.A., my sinuses have been a mess since we landed at LAX. I sure do miss the clean air and warm water.

And Al has come home to some glorious weather...though I'm sure it will rain soon, afterall, this is the Pacific Northwest!!!

Al, repeat after me: "I love Oregon, I love Oregon, I love Oregon....." :wink:

DiveMe:
Al, repeat after me: "I love Oregon, I love Oregon, I love Oregon....." :wink:
Ummm, no, refuse to say that. :(

We'll be at Anthonys Keys before we return to Maui but we will return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom