Leg pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am considering to buy a drysuit. I could buy it without pockets and then add a leg pocket instead. Does it make sense? This way I could re-use the leg pocket with wetsuits or just use the BCD pockets and no pockets at all on the legs as I did until now (I use a jacket type BCD)
Are there any secrets I should know about leg pockets or any will do the job? For example about size, shape, materials, types of strap and closure, etc. etc.
Thanks

Removable pockets SUCK. The elastic wears out, they shift around, if they're big enough to be useful, they sag, if they're not sagging it's because they're too small to be useful.

Think about what you want to carry. Personally I've usually got a bunch of spools, a set of wetnotes, backup mask, safety spool, sometimes an SMB, backup lights, etc.

Get pockets on your drysuit. Buy a pair of pocket shorts for a wetsuit if you don't want to glue on a set.

If your considering thermal protection, wet or dry, check out Deep 6. Just got my new wetsuit and am very happy. @LandonL is a member here and Deep6 is a supporter of Scubaboard. You can spend more, but why would you want to?

Good luck,
Jay

If your considering thermal protection, wet or dry, check out Deep 6. Just got my new wetsuit and am very happy. @LandonL is a member here and Deep6 is a supporter of Scubaboard. You can spend more, but why would you want to?

Good luck,
Jay

He’s in Europe. Shipping is a killer.

He’s in Europe. Shipping is a killer.
Their dry suits are made in Europe. Maybe they could be shipped direct?

Their dry suits are made in Europe. Maybe they could be shipped direct?
I contacted them directly on their website to ask if they can ship directly to Europe and the prices, let's see what they will answer

I contacted Deep6 and they told me the drysuits are made in Finland. The price to be applied is always USD 2.200 plus shipping from Finland to Italy that shouldn't be that much provided the countries are quite close and both part of the EU so there are no custom duties

Pocket shorts can be an option for wetsuits, but I don´t see them on a drysuit.
If you go for a dry suit, take with pockets, don´t doubt about it.
If you want another european drysuit alternative I can recomend this family run spanish company
Fabricación y Reparación Trajes Buceo - TECHNICAL DRYSUIT ARTIC, S.L.
They are quite flexible regarding the options and the value for its price is great. Also very skillful reparing any kind of diving suits made by them or not.
My drysuit is from them.
By they way, I have not any commercial interest with this company; just a satisfied customer.

If you want another european drysuit alternative I can recomend this family run spanish company
Fabricación y Reparación Trajes Buceo - TECHNICAL DRYSUIT ARTIC, S.L.
They are quite flexible regarding the options and the value for its price is great.
May I ask how much you paid your drysuit and what type it is? Among other things, Barcelona (where the company seems to be located) is also easy and relatively cheap to reach from Italy, so perhaps I could even visit them during a short vacation and talk directly to them...

Back
Top Bottom