Legal & other issues from SG Mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UKARF is listed on the www.nonprofitdata.com with the following data:

UPPER KEYS ARTIFICIAL REEF FOUNDATION INC
106000 OVERSEAS HWY
KEY LARGO, FL 33037-3116

FWIW:

Key Largo Chamber of Commerce
(305) 451-4747
106000 Overseas Highway Key Largo FL 33037

Boatlawyer:
This case won't go to trial for the same reason you've never lost a jury trial. The defense will settle.

i would not recommend settlement to my client, given the state of the law and the facts as known. if we don't win in the lower court, we will certainly win on appeal.

there's no legal precedent for your creative theory of liability in this case

:wink:

some clients, you know, don't take well to legal extorsion and do litigate. and when they do, they need real litigators, not transactional lawyers who've never been in front of a judge, telling them what to do ... sorry...

i am sure you are a tremendous transactional attorney, but litigation is a whole different world. i would never dream of trying to tell you how to set up a series of subsidiaries for tax purposes ... just because i've read some case law on the subject. it takes more than reading the case law.

that's not profit ... that's expenses

they spent $9,000 on the medallions (making them, i guess)

their total income is $34,000, mostly from "investment income"

they don't list sales of medallions as income, probably because it's the Chamber of Commerce that sells them?

Andy,

Gosh, with litigators who can't even find simple case cites, I'd have no worries being in court regularly, as opposed to the occasional contracts cases I try.

The reason I am a good transactional attorney is because I anticipate potential risks down the road. Like any good general, I try to keep the infantry (litigators) out of harm's way on the battlefield!

Boatlawyer:
Gosh, with litigators who can't even find simple case cites, I'd have no worries being in court regularly

tsk tsk ... not very professional of you. if you go down that road, i'll just stop discussing this issue with you.

you're also wrong about reading that tax statment, sorry

H2Andy:
that's not profit ... that's expenses

they spent $9,000 on the medallions (making them, i guess)

their total income is $34,000, mostly from "investment income"

they don't list sales of medallions as income, probably because it's the Chamber of Commerce that sells them.

Page 16, annual medallions: $27,327, lifetime $7,000

Also, wonder what the $170,000 insurance settlement was for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom