Legal & other issues from SG Mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J.R.:
Seems to me that unless somebody can prove that an intentionally submerged structure represents a grossly more hazardous environment than a submerged structure that occured through collison or any other 'natural' method of finding the bottom of the ocean there is no way to hold them accountable for any accident that occurs on the structure...

all that proves is that wreck A is more dangerous than wreck B

it still does not mean that the sinking authority has any duty to make a wreck it sinks safe for penetration divers who do not follow proper procedure.

remember my mantra, no duty = no liability

Yet another argument in favor of independent doubles ... they're easily available.

H2Andy:
remember my mantra, no duty = no liability

NNNNooooooo duuuuuteeeeeeeeeee
NNNNooooooo lie-aaaaaa-billl-aaa-teeeeeeee

... got it...

:)

I feel MUCH better now...

i NEED MORE BEER!

it's one of those weeks

H2Andy:
i NEED MORE BEER!

it's one of those weeks

"I," on the other hand, need more champagne and strawberries! If this week gets any better I won't be able to stand it!:present2: :1balloon:

Remember, A, sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes, the bug.

Thank you to all the lawyer types who weighed in on this. This has been a very interesting and thought provoking discussion. I am looking forward to your future comments as this unfolds; but wouldn't be great if no legal action were taken?

Great for the diving community anyway.

Beer/champagne to all!

yOUR WELCOME...:blinking:

shurite7:
Dave C,

There's a simple alternative: expect individuals to be responsible for themselves, rather than entitled to protection from themselves

I like this quote. To bad people today don't understand this.

ScubaPhotoBabe,

Thanks for the input.

Salaam alaikum

Chris

Back
Top Bottom