leisure pro deleting your reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had my review deleted.. and when they sent me the wrong iteam they wouldnt even respond to the emails so im stuck with a wet suit they sent my a size to small when i ordered the bigger size..

I am really surprised by all this guys. I have bought quite a bit from Leisure Pro and they have always honored their return policy and posted my reviews, even the unfavorable ones.

Should have bought one of these with the tank for $1.95, and there would not have been a $19.00 fee. It was a brand new tank after all, not one that could possibly need service.

From their website: "When shipped the tanks valves will be removed and the tank will require re-inspection before being filled. All Catalina cylinders are Nitrox Ready!"

i had my review deleted.. and when they sent me the wrong item they wouldn't even respond to the emails so I'm stuck with a wet suit they sent my a size to small when i ordered the bigger size..

Did you try contacting LeisurePro? I have returned items to LeisurePro. You simply call for an RMA, they send you an email and you use that document on your package when you return it to them.

On the few occasions when I have returned items to LeisurePro the credit was on my credit card the day after they received the merchandise.

They have been straightforward an honest with me. On the few occasions when they admitted to the mistake and ship the replacement immediately at no cost to me.

With wet suit their "Pressure Free Fit" policy. I suggest you call them on the phone if you think your email did not get the proper response.

P.S.

I have never bought any wet suits from LeisurePro but have bought a lot of other Scuba gear from them.

I think we have gotten to the bottom of this, it looks like we have one web server that is updating and one that is not. So depending on which server is handling your session, the reviews may not be updated. Of course he is working on getting this straightened out and believe it is all up and running. Josh Phillips sorry for the misunderstanding, but I’m glad to see that everything is working now.

hi its me the one that left the deleting comment about the tank for leisure pro. i checked and i did see my review was there this time. I didnt mean to cause a big stir about the tank, I hope when i go to order in the future that LP wont be mad at me for going to scuba board about this. I admit i jumped the gun and should have contacted LP first and for that im sorry to have bothered everyone. I just wanted to say, it is quite amazing!! That there is a Leisure Pro employee on scuba board to take care of their customers and fix problems for upset customers. For such a big company,to do small town customer service is really cool. I read on scuba board somewhere that LEISURE PRO, brett took care of a upset customer about a computer or something like that. Thats nice to know, so if i have any problems they will take care of me.

to PETER C it would have still needed a reinspection thats what they told me when it is shipped you are suposed to have it looked at because if the plug falls out and stuff gets in the tank or if it got damage while being shipped, there are other reviews of people talking about them haing to pay about 20.00 bucks as well when they went to get their tanks filled. That sticker would be cool but anybody can put that on it what would the scuba shop say. but if it works, if i buy my next tank online i will do that instead. I do see what you are saying becuasee it is new and any dummy can look the tank over to see if there is crap in it Thay souldnt charge for that when it takes 2 seconds to look at it.

And even if it was deleted, please remember that their website is THEIR property, designed for the POSITIVE reinforcement of their business. If they choose to delete third party material, it is their right. That being said, I have never deleted a non-obscene product review. In fact, I can't get enough of them. So, do me a favor, somebody go on my website and write me some reviews!

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Ok I did. Delta 4 / FDX-10, Apollo fins & Light Cannon.:D

Resurrecting from the dead.

Two of my reviews on LP have been deleted. I pride myself on giving accurate, 100% honest reviews and even follow ups. I didn't use any foul language but made comparison to other brands in my review. What gives?

This is an old thread but it interests me as I write lots of reviews. I've had reviews removed by Scuba.com. I find the best reviews on Amazon, never had a review removed by Amazon. And I feel you should not have to buy the product from the business hosting the review-- why should it matter where you buy it. Amazon just notes that you bought it from them, but lots of reviews are from people who bought elsewhere.

Negative reviews are particularly valuable especially when there are many and by established reputable reviewers.

Yes a business has a right to remove or edit reviews, but once I know they do that I hardly look at them. The value of their reviews goes to zero.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom