Leisurepro or scuba.com for a Cressi 5R?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roombaguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
All,

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a Cressi 5R ; my 1st BCD. From all the reading I have done, seems like the best fit for me.

My main question ... same price at Leisurepro & Scuba.com. Are both good places to buy?

Thanks for any input.

M.

Leisurepro is not an authorized dealer for many brands. This means that the manufacturer will not provide warranty repairs. If you have a warranty issue, you have to send the item back to Leisurepro for them to repair. If you buy the BC for an authorized dealer, in theory you should be able to take it to any LDS who is a Cressi dealer for warranty issues.
So the first thing you may want to investigate, which store (if either) is a Cressi authorized dealer. IMHO, I don't think having to send an item to Leisurepro for warranty work is necessarily a bad thing. If they weren't doing something right, they would have been out of business a long time ago.
Have you looked at your LDS for the BC? It may cost a little more, but in the long run this usually ends up being the better deal due to the local support you receive.
If you search the boards, the are tons of threads discussing the pro's and con's of ordering online vs. your LDS.

Hope this helps,
Carrie

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. Online is definitely the way to go for me. In Cayman, an entry level BCD w/o weight integration starts at just over 300$US. :-(

M.

I believe I have seen many more complaints about scuba.com than Leisurepro.

Yes. I had a Cressi computer that had a software glitch affecting the "logbook" function. LP called Cressi and the two cooperated in getting me a replacement. It was quick and easy.

I used that Cressi BC as a rental a few years ago, and it seemed just fine. Probably real good for your location.

The short answer...I've gotten outstanding customer service from leisurepro and horrible customer service from scuba.com. Given that leisurepro is an authorized dealer in this case there is no doubt who I would go with. You might also check with scubatoys also just to see if they will beat the price or not.

I've dealt with all three of the dealers mentioned here (scuba.com, scubatoys, and leisurepro). I would never recommend scuba.com to anyone. If you have a problem with an order with them, good luck trying to get it taken care of. They lost my business permanently due to their poor customer service and the attitude of their customer service reps.

To bad for them as I've spent a few thousand elsewhere myself since then, and generated several thousand dollars worth of business for their competitors :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom