LeisurePro purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gemgemninja

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased a wetsuit, vest, boots from leisurepro and was confident with the many good reviews it seemed to have from people on this site as well as others I have met but... They tried to charge my card 7 times twice the correct amount and the other 5 varied amounts in the same day for one transaction. Luckily my bank flagged it and called me. The reason they had my exp date wrong. They didnt tell me they had something wrong until after the 7 attempts and after my bank calling. When I called they said they charged so many because sometimes people have a limit on their amount to be charged. If that was the case I wouldnt have made the purchase in the first place (It was only 300). So now I had to clear everything and tell them to charge it again the next day. The guy on the phone was basically saying that they were not doing anything wrong. I think they were. Has anyone experienced something like this from them? Should I just cancel my order?

Yes I have had problems with online purchases, I rather deal with someone face to face.

Sounds odd.

I've had really good luck with Leisure Pro. I don't really think they were trying to "pull something", they'd have too much to lose both legally and as far as their reputation. They are not a small "fly by night" outfit.

But what probably should have happened (we have a business that accepts credit cards) is:

Run your card info once with correct amount; if it was declined they should double check that they entered everything in correctly, try again; if declined again, stop, and call or e-mail you.

My guess is they were just trying to get the card info to "work" so they could process your order, but after a couple tries should have stopped and contacted you.

Good luck.

I've made dozens of purchases with LP, and never had an issue.

So they *attempted* to charge you card seven times, and how many times were they successful? Based on your post I would guess zero. What exactly did you have to "Clear"?

I generally have Online companies repeat back the info to make sure they have it correct.

So I guess I'm missing something, what is the issue?

I've made dozens of purchases with LP, and never had an issue.

So they *attempted* to charge you card seven times, and how many times were they successful? Based on your post I would guess zero. What exactly did you have to "Clear"?

I generally have Online companies repeat back the info to make sure they have it correct.

So I guess I'm missing something, what is the issue?

They had my exp date wrong off on the month by 1 number. I had to clear all the transactions because my bank wouldnt process it because they charged so many times.
They were not sucessful any of the times because my bank stopped it because it was 7 charges. I had to clear the 7 mistakes so they could process the correct amount.

That a new one for me. Did that actually charge you card multiple times or were they just tring to charge it, having problems and trying some creative solutions? So far I have no problems with LP, but they tend to be short and blunt on the phone, it can put you off for sure.

I recently made my 2nd purchase from them and have had no problems. I actually had to use their "Fit Guarantee" policy for a set of fins and it went really well. They payed for the return shipping.
By the way, on my recent order I used paypal which was very convenient.

Exactly how do you "clear" an unsuccessful attempted charge? I've never heard of this before. I've never even seen where unsuccessful charges appear on a statement.

How did they get your expiration date wrong? Did you tell them over the phone or enter on their website?

What exactly were they doing wrong? You purchased $300 in items, are they not entitled to extract $300 in funds?

I had a local contractor do the same thing. I put half down on the job with my card and before they were finished with the job the card expired. The only thing that changed was the expiration date so I didn't think anything of it at the end of the job I told them to put it on my card. They tried got a rejection and called. I gave them the new expiration date to try again and the bank rejected them because they had tried earlier with the wrong date.
It took my calling the credit card company to clear up the mess and let the transaction go through.
This wasn't the contractor fault it was the banks and I'm sure that is the case with your LP order. I have ordered from LP and been perfectly satisfied with how everything was handled.

Just so I understand the situation, it sounds like they ended up double charging you for the order? I'm no friend to LP and never will be but I would doubt they were trying to pull a fast one. An extra $300 to them is meaningless and when electronic transfers through computers and telephones are involved, sometimes these things happen. My guess is that it can be traced to a specific employee who may need some extra training. As far as them being short on the phone, I've had the same experience but I chalk it up to hectic NY peronality and not company specific. As long as they are willing to work it out, I think it could happen at any company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom