LeisurePro Return Items - some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the process of returning a defective item to LP and thought I'd share some things that may help anyone that may need to return something there.

#1. They are closed often and have odd receiving hours so you need to watch over your delivery closely. Always send it insured and with tracking confirmation.

#2. The phone number of the post office where your package will reside is 212-675-0548. Ask for the carrier supervisor and let them know the situation, they seem helpful so far. The post office will hold the package 15 days for priority mail and then send it back to you. You will need to help them know when LP is open or your package will not get delivered. LeisurePro will not go pick it up, they say the carrier knows when they are open.

#3. LP is in no hurry to process returns - even after it gets into the store it may take a week before they know it is there. Due to lots of holidays / strange hours / moving the warehouse to NJ etc., they are so overloaded with work that they have not got enough manpower to process returns as a priority.

I'm still trying to get my package delivered into the store - I sent it on 10/13 and the post office tried to deliver it on 10/17 and 11/2 with no success. They left a message for LP to call and schedule a delivery but LP will not so I am. I'll post more as things proceed.

Wow, what a PITA...what are you trying to return?

Nice helpful post, though. It'll probably be helpful for anyone unfortunate enough to have to deal with LP in any capacity that requires customer service. :wink:

LP sucks. They don't get my money no mo.

I'm trying to send a strobe back. I'm not ready to write LP off just yet but I am not at all pleased with their level of customer service. Many have complained about how they were treated, I'm going the extra mile to make this work - so If I get more unhappy than I am now, I will not buy from them again. I will probably put in a dispute on my charge card next, that may get some attention.

I've bought a lot of stuff and returned a lot of stuff to LP. In 4 years I have never had a problem or an unusual delay. They're closed on Saturdays and observe Jewish holidays - nothing too unusual. If you get an RMA number and send it back using UPS (not the postal service) you shouldn't have any problems.

I wondered if UPS was better. It's too late for this time and I hope never to have to do this again. No one has been interested in helping the situation from the LP side, I just get David saying "We won't know if it got here, we're busy, we're moving the warehouse" none of these answers helped, I did all the legwork to find my package and get it delivered. This may be a difficult time for them but they still have a business to run. I have received poor customer service in any case.

SeaYoda:
I'm still trying to get my package delivered into the store - I sent it on 10/13 and the post office tried to deliver it on 10/17 and 11/2 with no success. They left a message for LP to call and schedule a delivery but LP will not so I am. I'll post more as things proceed.

To be honest, it sounds like your issue is with the Post Office, not with LeisurePro. Could LeisurePro help make up for the Post Office's poor service? Sure -- but they'd probably have to charge more to pay for that level of customer service.

If LeisurePro fails to act once the goods are in their hands, that's LeisurePro -- but isn't it your responsibility to get the goods to them?

I've also bought a lot of stuff from LP over the last 6 months and had to make returns as well. I've shipped all my stuff back by UPS so it can be tracked and a verified signature is on file with UPS so it might help expedite returns. I've had one return that they sent the wrong order to me and for my pateince gave me a $20 credit. So far they've been pretty reasonable, but they do have some strange hours. I seem to have better response and customer service by email too; I cant deal with them on the phone....

lairdb:
To be honest, it sounds like your issue is with the Post Office, not with LeisurePro....
Not really - the post office is what it is and has even gone above the call of duty in working with me to get the package there with no help from LP.

If you have a business that has such restrictive hours of delivery that it makes it impossible to deliver and will not pick up at the post office or call them to let them know when you wish delivery you don't have good customer service. If your business can't even check to see if a package came in, you are either too big or too lazy to give good customer service. LP has had a lot of my business over the last 3 years and I've never had to count on them like now - they fail in this department. Like I said before, I have not given up on them but they are not providing a pathway to satisfy the customer's (my) needs.

People need to know the facts when dealing with LP. I was a diehard fan until I found the same problems others have encountered. This thread is not a bash LeisurePro forum - I am giving a direct account of why lots of people have difficulty with them and how I'm getting around the problems so others will learn from my mistakes and successes. If LP were half as concerned with me I'd have my strobe by now.

modivin:
...I've shipped all my stuff back by UPS so it can be tracked and a verified signature is on file with UPS so it might help expedite returns...
UPS seems to be the answer so far, but again, it's too late for me :(.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom