Lembeh Compared to Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjgoodman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm strongly considering a trip to the Philippines in February. I'm debating between Anilao, Dumaguete and Malapascua because I only have ten days. My question is this: how does Anilao stack up against Lembeh? Is Anilao, by itself, a destination dive site like Lembeh? I am a beginning UW Photographer.

I've been incredibly spoiled having dove Raja Ampat, Bali, Komodo, Lembeh and Bunaken. If I'm going to fly across the pacific, I want to make sure the diving is worth it. I'd love to hear from all the "Asia Experts." Thank you.

I can't give you a comparison on Aniao vs Lembeh but I can Dumaguete vs Lembeh.
I did Dumaguete three years ago Lembeh just a couple of weeks ago. Dumaguete:there is of course Apo Island very nice reef diving,great coral habitat and excellent vis.There is also muck diving off Dauin (dumaguete) the muck diving is very good, but a notch below Lembeh. Three years ago the Dauin Pier was quite possibly one of the best muck dives in the world ( some opinions) it was fantastic with muck bottom and great soft coral/sponges on the pier pilings.( the pier has been worked on since I was there and some habitat was damaged) I Loved every dive I did at the Pier. The other muck sites off Dauin are very nice.

I also have done Alona beach it's nice there but no muck. You will have to hear from other people in regards to Anilao and Malapascua ( try on the PPD board).

You are spoiled but you should find the diving in the PI to your liking. In my opinion you could stay in the Dauin area ( Dumaguete) for ten days and mix muck dives and reef dives, and not get bored. The photos ops are many and vary from Macro to Wide angle I just did 8 days in Lembeh and didn't get bored, and I did enjoy the reef type spots there, Lembeh has better muck but Dauin has better reefs. Dauin better better vis than Lembeh but at the time I was in Lembeh the vis was pretty good 10-15m.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom