Length of Dive con course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW, how long should this take? Well. if you are PADI you can do it ina week inthe ilsands, BUT since we are talking SSI, in our shop in western Colorado it will take at least 6 to 8 months. We have one open water class a month and you would work with at least 3 plus just observing for probably 2 (confined and open water). Personally, we feel you should work with at least 3 different classes. But there is no written rules for the length of the class. Just remember as an SSI Dive Con you will be working for the shop and not from your garage as some other instructors can do (according to the standards they are not doing this but we all know they are), so it really does benefit everyone for you to work with as many students and instructors as you can

Academic sessions, pool sessions, student lectures, exam, all together takes the 12 mentioned sessions.

PK

The shop where I hang out usally does 9 days of intensive training (class room work, presentations, confined and open water dives) plus a period where you assist in courses. Usually take 6 months. As per current SSI standards, the DiveCon has a suggested course duration of 50 hours.

As an SSI Dive Con (#27531) I went thru 6 months of academic training and almost as long with hands on pool supervision prior my completion

Back
Top Bottom