Let's concentrate on the original quesion at hand, how do you stretch out the pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
Still haven't got the help I needed on this. Yes I did have the Turtles but they were too big for my seasoft boots. Now the Jet fins are a bit too tight, they need to be stretched out about 3/4" wider and 1/2" higher in the foot pocket opening.

Advice on how to do this properly is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can't stretch the fins, boots are cheaper than fins.

WW

What size are your Jets? It sounds like you may have a size large. If so, you may want to try an XL. I have a size 9 shoe, use XL jets for both drysuit and wetsuit diving. For DS I use an XL springstrap and for wetsuit I use a L springstrap. I have broken both of my feet (5th metatarsals) and need a fin that is wide for that and I also had to have surgery on the dorsal aspect of my right foot, so the fin pocket needs to be quite high in order to avoid irritating that site. I have found the XL jets worked great with the right size spring strap.
I have to agree with the other guys, you can't stretch these boots. At least I have never heard of anyone being able to do so.
Also, how much bigger is the Turtle boot pocket than the Jet boot pocket? After looking at the Turtles, I thought that they were about 3/4" wider and 1/2" taller than the Jet's pockets?

I've heard of guys boiling the foot pockets of their jet fins in water and then when they get soft they put some type of insert in the pocket to widen it.

My jet fins are the X Large size. I guess my only hate in this, is that once you dive with seasoft boots and do rock entries a lot like I do, its worth it to find fins with the quality of the jet fin to make them them fit on these boots.

Those kung fu shoe booties just won't do in this instance.

But if you try it, let us know if it does.

Back
Top Bottom