Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
we have the same background bro, i had the apeks atx100 but sold it back. are setups are almost identical minus the hid light:( i see you are going to the Hms hermes? there are still 7 slots available to the hms hermes for the upcoming november trip,id like to go but havent taken my tech-wreck classes yet.

Hi Spoon!
Glad to see you've recovered from your "hit"; I too suffered from a near acute DCS episode a few years back, exhibiting overnight skin bends and minor dyspnea ("The Chokies") --all of this coming after my first Air Deep Dive in an Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures Course. Recommend when starting your Tech Courses that you insist on using Trimix for your initial deep dive training, especially in light of what just recently happened to you --if Dave Ross or Martin Lorenzo determines that you must start off in Recreational Triox in this instance, so be it. Lastly, you should've kept the TX100: those Regs have a very easy hose routing in doubles configuration . . . http://train.missouri.org/~hypoxic/

Kevrumbo:

Hi Spoon!
Glad to see you've recovered from your "hit"; I too suffered from a near acute DCS episode a few years back, exhibiting overnight skin bends and minor dyspnea ("The Chokies") --all of this coming after my first Air Deep Dive in an Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures Course. Recommend when starting your Tech Courses that you insist on using Trimix for your initial deep dive training, especially in light of what just recently happened to you --if Dave Ross or Martin Lorenzo determines that you must start off in Recreational Triox in this instance, so be it. Lastly, you should've kept the TX100: those Regs have a very easy hose routing in doubles configuration . . . http://train.missouri.org/~hypoxic/

i might either take the gue tech 1 course with martin or the advanced recreational trimix with dave but im still taking my time. i might go with dave as the training is less rigorous that gue. i also cant leave work for that long:) i dont regrett selling the atx100 at all, i originally purchased it for the excellent hose routing but decided to sell it bec i dint want to unload my poseidon for dirt cheap. im still using my poseidon and dont regrett it at all.

iris_baula:
yeah, that's where i bought mine. got a pretty neat deal... =) welcome po... sama ka sa dive-o-rama? :happywave

hola! looks like di ako makakasama...wish i could though...marami lang conflicts..hehehe... :D

Kevrumbo:
Name: Kevin Rumbaoa
Diving since: 1997
Certifications: TDI Adv. Trimix; DIR-Fundamentals
Favorite dive sites:(Want-to-see): Tubba; Coron Wrecks;Apo I.;Panglao/Balicasag area
Dream Dive: Sri Lanka --HMS Hermes 2006; Galapagos 2007
Equipment: Apeks TX100; Halcyon BP&W; 10W HID --all DIR and Dressed for Success!

Hi All!
Can I be an honorary member? I was born and raised here in Los Angeles and regret not learning how to speak the native Tongue (I only know "Alis diyan kung hindi sisigaw ako" --and I picked that up from a phrase book). Made my first trip back to Manila in over twenty years (My God, the traffic has gotten much worse, same with the Gov't --has GMA been impeached yet?), and visited Puerto Galera last month August. Didn't do any diving because of a mild tropical storm at the time, but instead took a DSAT Trimix Blending Course at Tech Asia. I do want to return again and visit much more often, hopefully one day to eventually retire over there in the Cebu Region . . . !
All the Best,
Kevin.

Kevrumbo:
(I only know "Alis diyan kung hindi sisigaw ako" --and I picked that up from a phrase book).
Kevin.

BWAHAHAHHA that connotes you are about to do something NAsty to the person !!!

invite the Boss at home and have a good time at the resort with the kids. and have the boss at home pay.

hehehhehe

greatwolf:
Damn, I feel like a bloody advert for Oceanic. When I bought these, I was thinking to myself, what happens when I want to upgrade to a BP/W set-up, how am I going to justify the cost to the boss at home? Then it clicked, I can pass this on to my daughter or son when they turn 16 and do their OW certification. :D

paolov:
invite the Boss at home and have a good time at the resort with the kids. and have the boss at home pay.

hehehhehe

That's what we usually do when I dive here in Sydney. I take the family along whenever I go diving. My kids are both keen, it's just that I don't want them to start too early, since there hasn't been a comprehensive study on scuba diving and it's physiological factors on growing children.

Mate, all my stuff's been donated. My mother-in-law even donated for my diving cause, the kids bought my gloves, my wife bought me my wetsuit, my dad bought me my BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom