Let's Plan....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is the dive? Savanna? Beufort? Somewhere else?

What's the vis like? Temp? Approx cost?

I'm interested, but need to check w/the boss:D

We have had some question depths and skill levels. I don't want anyone who wants to participate to be excluded or exceed their dive skill levels trying to keep up or participate the first time.

Please let me know if you need to stay within OW dive limits. That is best. We will plan a dive to the Eagles Nest instead or the Gen. Gordon, somewhere you can dive with everyone else and be comfortable. I want this to be enjoyable.

Remember that even though there maybe many here to learn from everyone is responsible for staying within their comfort zone and skill levels. I, nor anyone else, (we) am (are) not responsible for you or your buddy. Since this particular trip is off shore and a planned charter event, we will accommodate those who dive within OW limits. If you choose not to post your skill level you may PM me so we can make sure if you are planning to participate that the dive site works for you. R

scSCUBA once bubbled...
My wife doesn't dive. Can she come. If it's not too chilly on deck and she doesn't think she'll get seasick:eek:ut:

If she rides I am sure she will have to pay something. Let me find out from the charter and get back to you. R

scScuba: The Ross is a deep dive up to 120 feet. The Eagles Nest I think is 65. You can find more our on our site at www.deepsouthdivers.org.

Vis varies but should be good this time of year. Temps are probably 75 or so. We will check it out and post it later. You can get that info off the site too. There are shallow sites to dive locally.

We are talking diving off the Beaufort SC coast. R

RavenC once bubbled...
(pull rank LOL)

*ahem* No comment. :) (Smart man, hunh?) :)

and send that bunch to the Eagle's Nest but we will see.
R

Hey, cool with me. In fact, I really like the idea. None of these guys have seen any of this stuff yet... No doubt it would be pretty popular to dive one location one weekend, and then the other location the other weekend. Soooo... If you're diving the 'Ross in mid-November, it only makes sense to dive the 'Nest on the 1st.

Don't forget, too, that there's the Beaufort 45, honey... At like the 10 mile point. 45' of water, and it should be pretty clear, not unlike the 'Ross or 'Nest. And it would give everyone a really good chance to do a dive that's 1. Got a really short boat ride attached... 2. Shallow enough that everyone could jump in and get nice-n-comfy with their newfound buddies. 3. A place that you and I haven't dived yet. There's a couple of Army tanks and a couple of barges down there.

There's at least a dozen other immediate locations that I can think of, too, and that's not even thinking about Savannah and Charleston's great diving... Or the lakes...

Tell ya what... The 'Nest sounds like a really great opportunity, and it's sort of intermmediate between the '45 and the 'Ross. I like that idea.

...So... Should we announce the 'Nest, then, on the 1st?

Raven and SeaJay - Thanks for all of your hard work on this. I especially appreciate your sensitivity to make sure all of our members can comfortably enjoy our first get together. The way I look at it, we are as much about the wonderful comraderie between divers as we are the places we dive. I like to think that divers are an "all inclusive" bunch of good people...

augustadivediva once bubbled...
The way I look at it, we are as much about the wonderful comraderie between divers as we are the places we dive. I like to think that divers are an "all inclusive" bunch of good people...

I agree completely.

I think it would be really really really really cool if we could all just go diving and enjoy each other's company. With the exception of our recent dive with the Florida NDI club, so many of our experiences have been about ego, gear configurations, political cr@p, and arguments about dive styles. We have this dream of being involved with a club that simply wants to build friendships which start with a common interest... And of course, goes diving a lot. :)

I really really really really hope that this comes together exactly that way. :)

Thanks to RavenC for creating this branch of NDI and breathing new life into the local scuba club, whose name has changed three times in the past year. :)

Hopefully, this is "it."

I just noticed this thread and was wondering if anyone could participate in the dive, and if yes, is there any room left. I have yet to dive off Charleston and Hilton Head, but it seems like there is a good group down there and some very interesting sites to explore. Thanks,

Vinny

C.mon SJ their are no egos in the florida ndi clubs thing, lmao. I can not stand alot of it. I just wish people would drop all that macho cr@p. So what so peeps have more certs than others just means that the lesser may need to dive more or catch up if thats the way they are heading....... Anyways am I going to have to move to southern state to dive with my two buddies (that I know) or do I have to swim in cess pool here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom