Lettuce Sea Slug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Bonaire I only saw white ones.
Their frills are whiteish (or pale purple or pale green) and generally obscure the body so that you do not see the white dots on dark background color of the body.

I wonder if you shot it from above whether you'd get something fancier or brighter? What are you using for a strobe? Here is my photo from yesterday's dive...

View attachment 398394
The frills here in bonaire are much denser and generally fully obscure the body. I had been taking pictures of them for years before I discovered they have dots.

Saw 3 today and no dots visible on any of them, just the frills.

Their frills are whiteish (or pale purple or pale green) and generally obscure the body so that you do not see the white dots on dark background color of the body.
Yes. On one trip we saw several right off the dock of the Divi...it was a treat.

Very cool and a GREAT PIC... I've never seen one but have probably finned right past 100's of them.. Now I have something else to look for (now that I know what to look for which is 99% of the game).

Lettuce Leaf Slug.jpg

They are much prettier in Coz than in Bonaire, tho in Bonaire they seem much larger and easier to find. This guy was with 3 others, but wasnt easy to spot,

When seen from above in Bonaire the frills completely obscure the body - here is a shot from above.
IMG_6341.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom