Li-ion conversion for 10w hid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NO ONE HAS USED LI-POLY, LIFE-PO, OR LI-ION BATTERIES? I need the small size for a small canister, need the long burn time for multiple (3-4 boat dives) dives without recharging. Inotherwords, I want to be able to dive all day in shallow water with a can light when I will not have access to recharge and do not want to open can on a boat.

Thanks for the info so far.

Because you use old analog design of WA 10W which it is depend on voltage . I suggest to build in tank
- simple DC linear voltage regulator like LM317
lm317.gif

( HID 10W use arround 0,8A(at 12V) - LM go to 1,5A (TO220House ))this is the simpliest way and keep constant voltage when resistors are calculated corectly with formula from PDF

VOUT = 1.25 * ( 1 + R2/R1 ) ( 12.71V R1 = 240, R2 = 2200 )

INPUT MUST BE AT LEAST 1,25V HIGHER THAN OUTPUT 2,5 V TO BE SAFE AND STABILE

So far, all of the Chinese batteries I have used are overrated. Luckily I have a tester that tells me exactly what to expect. Some are really overrated some are not.

Also, while you're slamming the Chinese batteries, I'm sure you know the Bright Star stuff is made in China, right??

Slamming certain Chinese batteries... I have found some are adequate.

Just going by what I read. Perhaps I misunderstood your post.

Bumping this old thread instead of starting a new one.

I have a Dive Rite MR11 Wreck 10w HID. The ID of the canister measures a little over 8" deep with a 3" diameter. It currently has a gel cell battery that is about shot so I'll need to replace the battery and get the appropriate charger.

From reading, I think this is what I need, correct?

Customize 12V 9.0Ah NiMh pack with open end wire for Dive Light

and this charger:

Multi-Current Universal Smart Charger for 9.6V - 18V NiMH Battery Packs (Tamiya Plug) , UL Listed

Any other input before I place the order?

:sos:

(sorry if I'm being impatient, I just figure that there are a lot more people online now than when I made the above post this morning)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom