Liability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a benefit when you get older and more experienced. Cheers

I don´t really understand to what kind of benefits you are talking about but either way, you should see how things are here in mexico, divemasters are responsible of their divers, if somethings goes wrong then we are responsible of the consequences but if something goes wrong with us nobody takes blame for, means we have no legal protection neither a insurance from the shop or any insurance companies,,,,,why? because here in mexico all the risk activities are not to be insure,,,,,,,great policy ain´t it?

I wouldn't worry about liability unless you're pulling their teeth underwater. :)

That sounds like something you need to take up with the shops that are bending you over. Organize and shut em down. Union Yes!

Yes it sounds like a good idea, actually I´ve been in contact with some people of the F.M.A.S. (MEXICAN FEDERATION OF SUBAQUIATICS ACTIVITIES) they suppose to be the maximum authority in the scubadiving here in mexico but they don´t seem to care. On the other hand things here in mexico don´t work as in the U.S. unions the same as attorneys here sell themselves to the opposition, if you know what I mean, but yes I am working with some wealthy pioneers of the scubadiving here in Cabo that are interested in helping the diving community to be covered by some sort of insurance,,,,,once again here in Mexico there are not such coverage for risky activities,,,,,,,,but yes you are right that´s the only way, creating a divers union!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom