lift bag tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrothead600

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am using the XS Scuba 50# Deluxe lift bag (the one with the funnel-shaped inlet). I have 2 questions.

First: When I deploy this bag & inflate it with my exhaled bubbles or with my octo, it is about 1/2 full of water. Due to the funnel-shaped inlet, the air will not purge the water out the bottom. Is there any way to inflte this bag without getting so much water inside of it?

Second: After drying the bag, durring rolling it up for storage, I always seem to have quite a bit of air inside that I can't purge. I first roll it from bottom to top & pull the dump valve, then fold & roll it from top to bottom. But there is still some air inside that I can't get out. Are there any tricks to completely deflating this bag? I would like to get it as small as possible for storage in by BC pocket.
Thanks

I have this bag, and I always have water inside after a deployment... I think it is just one of those things that happens with most bags, unless it is the kind that uses a quick disconnect valve. As far as rolling mine up, I also have the same problem as you. I just keep working it to get most of the air out of it. I truely do not worry about it that much because I hang mine off of my backplate. I do usually end up rolling it up a few times to get most of the air out of it. It does always amaze me at the amout of air that can creep back in after rolling the bag up and dumping the air through the OPV.

Phil

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know that I'm not the only one to have these issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom