Lift Bags, please help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with scubaturek, I would never use a seperate hose with a tool attached to it. Though I'm not a hard core DIR diver, I am a hardcore DIMW (Doing it My Way) Diver. :D

hey guys!!

I posted a thanks for your help on a new thread since I could not find this one. so here it is.

I am back, I certified as IANTD trimix diver and had a great time.

I guess aside from the spool or reel, the most difficult part of deploying the bag is the open bag, since you have to fill it with the gas you exhale... it is hard to get the bag all full and pressurized.

for my course I had no option buy to use an open bag and a dive rite reel (since I live in Mexico I did not have time to order and get other things). My solution: practice, practice, practice.... I practiced on a deep pool for 3 hours.

One thing, during my course, the stops were so deep we deployed from 120 ft, so just a little gas will get the bag going and very full at the surfice. It was hard maintaining bouyancy in the blue and keeping time, but I managed.

has any of you guys deployed an open one recently?

ali

Mario,just a question?Why would ayone deploy a bag from 300' that would be a very deep dive .The deep stops that every one does usually are for only a coupla minutes and then split the dfference to the 1st planned deco stop(more or less)I've shot bags from 150-190 and they do go fast,but I was just playin'I've only had deco stops to 190 but even then they were very short(sort of like a 5fpm ascent)I use Carter 100# bags,dive-rite reels and custom spools(old monofilament spools,HAHA)

There was actually no reason to deply the bag, other than to deploy the bag. I was with a friend who was enjoying narcosis sooo much, that I wanted there to be something to cling onto. We're talking 5ft viz even at that depth. Twas a sh**ty day! Usually you get great viz when you drop below the first two thermoclines! Needless to say, we kept the dive short. :rolleyes:

Mario,was that dive on air?I hope not.We usually mix for a 100ft or less narcosis depth here.We've lost way too many good and experienced divers to narcosis,a lot more than sharks and probly' more than equipment failure.I've been past 200' on training dives on air.I aced all the cognitive tests my instructor thru at us,but I was seriously cheesy.I would probly' try to inflate a glove or something silly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom