Light for GoPro and small point and shoot - Sola 1200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have no external battery for extended usage, and also to buy two more lights is way past the practicality of buying these lights in the first place as two came to almost 2000. means for another dive, I would need to buy two more lights. Doesnt make sense, unless your the guy selling them.
This is why I made the switch to the new UK Aqualite Video light.
While they only put out 600 lumens at 1.3 hours they are much less expensive than the Sola lights.
The UK Aqualite Video lights are priced at $240 each and that allows me to purchase two or three for that price.

This is why I made the switch to the new UK Aqualite Video light.
While they only put out 600 lumens at 1.3 hours they are much less expensive than the Sola lights.
The UK Aqualite Video lights are priced at $240 each and that allows me to purchase two or three for that price.

But is 600 Lum sufficient?

I disagree, I have it and it is heavy and bulkier than the Sola. The only advantage of this light is that you can change the batteries for when you have to do multiple dives and you can't charge the light between the dives. Other than this feature, I don't see an advantage to the iTorch Pro4 so far. If I have to do it again, I'd go with the Sola 1200 or 2000 SF.

i have the sola2000f. only good for one dive and need recharge. same problem not enough time to recharge and no place to recharge them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom