Light for GoPro and small point and shoot - Sola 1200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tired of messing around with lights. Is the Sola 1200 really as good as it seems? Durable? Dependable?

I've got a pair of the 2000 that I use to shoot video and LOVE them! The burn time is really good. I can get a four dive day without any problem. The fact I never have to crack them open to recharge is HUGE.

If you haven't held one in your hand, go check it out in the store, the small size is something that I didn't really appreciate until I starting diving it. Smaller AND powerful is the best of both worlds. Less to carry topside, less to drag around underwater, and small enough to maneuver in tight when shooting eels or between rocks.

My buddy is using a single 1200 with his point and shoot and loves it.

My only bitch is with the electronic companies in general.... did you have to make the 'wall wart' charger all black and nearly identical to every other charger?? I've started wrapping them in colored tape to ID which one goes with which device.

My only bitch is with the electronic companies in general.... did you have to make the 'wall wart' charger all black and nearly identical to every other charger?? I've started wrapping them in colored tape to ID which one goes with which device.
It was precisely this reason that I accidentally fried a film scanner when I grabbed the wrong plug and it basically blew up my scanner in one quick electrical explosion that left me wondering what had just happened.

It was precisely this reason that I accidentally fried a film scanner when I grabbed the wrong plug and it basically blew up my scanner in one quick electrical explosion that left me wondering what had just happened.

I label all my chargers to avoid such incidents .... plugged a 110v device into a 220 socket in Riyadh 20 odd years ago

I've got a pair of the 2000 that I use to shoot video and LOVE them! The burn time is really good. I can get a four dive day without any problem. The fact I never have to crack them open to recharge is HUGE.

If you haven't held one in your hand, go check it out in the store, the small size is something that I didn't really appreciate until I starting diving it. Smaller AND powerful is the best of both worlds. Less to carry topside, less to drag around underwater, and small enough to maneuver in tight when shooting eels or between rocks.

My buddy is using a single 1200 with his point and shoot and loves it.

just bought a pair of sola 2000 with two arms and two trays. I thimk i made a mistake is there a tray with dual arms for this set up? I have gopro hero 3 also.
Anyone considering light and motion theres no install imstructions for the ights to arms to tray. It really is diy.
Any help would be great thanks

My husband just set similar up. You need to buy Sola Video Mount Kit. This attaches to the arm and then to the Light. He took this for its first dive over the weekend and was very happy:) Good luck

Well I dove roataan with the gopro and one sola 2000. Was disapointed with the sola 2000 burn time. only good for 60 or 70 mins. I had two trays and not a double as planned so could only use one light per dive. left dark shadow around the edge of the video, two would have been great but only last long enough for a one tank dive.
Now the question is, what do you do for a two tank dive??

They have no external battery for extended usage, and also to buy two more lights is way past the practicality of buying these lights in the first place as two came to almost 2000. means for another dive, I would need to buy two more lights. Doesnt make sense, unless your the guy selling them.

It looks like the iTorch Video Pro4 is the new king in town: Mini Review: iDas iTorch Video Pro4 Video Light

I disagree, I have it and it is heavy and bulkier than the Sola. The only advantage of this light is that you can change the batteries for when you have to do multiple dives and you can't charge the light between the dives. Other than this feature, I don't see an advantage to the iTorch Pro4 so far. If I have to do it again, I'd go with the Sola 1200 or 2000 SF.

Back
Top Bottom