light monkey 9w led comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to buy a can light finally. With limited buget, I am looking at LM 9w led. I prefer led over hid for lower maintainance. However, I have absolute no experience with can light, and would like to hear some comment here.

What do you plan to use the light for? Is it just for illumination or also for signaling? In what environment? I have a LM 21 watts that I am very happy with. I use it mostly in technical dives for signaling and went for an LED vs an HID for the increased robustness. Up to now I have not had any problems and the light holds its own against the HIDs of a similar rated output.

I have the LM 9W can light.For the money you cant beat it.I purchased it for my travel rig. light output is good .And LM stands behind there products.

If you buy it let me know. Also looking at this for my first can light. Between this and Dive Rites LUX4 as they are both the same price.

I have one as well. Communication with the LM folks has been GREAT and I love the light so far!

Another LM 9W LED owner here, and it's a great light...very compact and lightweight for the illumination it provides.

LED's are the future and worth the investment. Make sure you get the right light for what you require.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom